Sign in to follow this  

What other bikes with fcr?

What other bikes come with the right fcr that will fit the drz?

There should be a sticky on this. Its anyone that has a removable intake bell and doesn't have a cast tower. Its a very common question, but there isn't alot of info on what bikes do/don't have them.

IIRC 99-02 YZ/WR 400/426 have them. The 01 and 02's have the FCR MX. I have an 02 YZ426 FCR MX on DRZ. The other source is the KTM's. I am less clear about the KTM models and years on those. A search of the KTM micorfiche would show which ones. You can see the removable bell in most of the OEM carb fiches. Pretty much every Japanese 450 after 2003 has a non removable bell.

I got mine from a 2002 DR-Z400E.

This is the slant-bodied version.

I just had to buy the intake bell, #100 pilot air jet, #160 main jet, and EMN needle from Sudco as well as stock DR-Z400E throttle cables from Suzuki.

Fit on like it was made for it and ran perfectly from the start. :p

The 2008 KTM 450 XC has the 39mm FCR MX.

It does but it hasn't a removable air bell...

Ktm bikes with fcr which has removable air bell are from '00 till '04 or maybe , not sure , '05 .

Also some Huskys .

Sorry cant's see your photobucket pic at work site is banned.

It is easy to see the removable bell if you look at the intake fiche.

2002 YZ426

Part #4 Joint, Air Filter

Be careful buying used carbs though many are junk and/or worn out.

^Those bikes are 37mm and usually have the throttle cable mounts cast into the carb body and have a non-removable intake bell.

Yeah, I've seen too many FCR carbs on EBay that are not suitable for a DR-Z400, even though the title for the EBay auction includes a dozen different bikes it supposedly fits.

Of course, just "check with your local dealer" so they can take the responsibility for making sure it would fit your bike. :)

Same with DR-Z400 head pipes that are supposed to be from the DR-Z400E model - lots of them are just S or SM ones that you can't give away.

Looking at a fcr carb off a 2000 wr426, would this go straight on my 2008 drz 400sm or would it need modification, jets ect?? Dont wawnt to end up buying it if it aint guna fit, but it at a good price so dont want to let it slip away if it is the right one!!

You will need a new intake bell from Sudco, and all the proper jets. You may need the throttle cables from an E, but I'm not sure on that one. Oh... and you need an intake manifold from the E. (or the one from the Yamaha should fit if it comes with the carb)