Sign in to follow this  

How Do I Find My "Firing Pattern"????

Hey guys I have a 2009 YZ 250 and I found a great company for a hour/tach meter but the product that would be ideal for my bike but i need to find out my "firing pattern" to choose the right model can anyone help?

pretty sure all/most bikes fire on every revolution since because of the ignition set up... (I am probably wrong, lol)

All two strokes fire every full revolution of the crank, and all four strokes fire every second revolution of the crank. Therefore, because you have a two stroke it fires every revolution of the crank.

Also, on single piston engines like yours, there is no "firing order". 'Firing orders' are for multiple cylinder engines, like 4,6, or 8 cylinder car engines.

(i.e. General Motors 3.8 liter engines are 1-6-5-4-3-2).

4 stroke singles fire every revolution just like a 2 stroke

4 stroke singles fire every revolution just like a 2 stroke

yep... it's called a "wasted spark" system... most machines use it ... probably to save parts and money.. the extra spark doesn't have anything to light, so it's useless, but sparking its little heart out nonetheless

• Like 1

The Firing Pattern for a Yamaha 1clyd 2 stroke are always stamped inside the engine case , under the powerband return spring oiler .

lol

• Like 1