Sign in to follow this  

ktm 530 excr supermoto

I have a 2008 ktm 530 exc-r thats all modded up for desert and im looking to get the wheels and everything to convert it to supermoto. lots of questions.... what brand wheels..dna...excel..i think its baer...i found a brand called like pro wheels. then what size. im assuming 17 on both...?? 3.5 front? 4.25 or 5 on the rear? whats more common and cheaper on tires? what size and brand tire. what will fit the bike? do i get the ones with the rubber dampening blocks or is that a waste of $. im going to ride mostly street with it and maybe a little track. any help is much appreciated. lastly, if anyones selling anything i would be interested in let me know.. thanks

I went with wheels from RAD. They make a great hub and I went with their rims over the excels. They are 17"x 3.5" and 17"x 5" with 120 and 160 Contiforce SM tires. I did not get a damped hub, I do not feel it is necessary. The 160 fits on the rear without rubbing. I am using the stock front brake for now, I may upgrade later.

sm003.jpg

thanks a lot for the advice. one other ?... do you have to disassemble half the bike to get the rear on or is it easy? sweet tank!!! i want to get one soon as well as the seat. which seat did you get and do you like it?.probabaly my next upgrade will be changing springs for my weight. have you done this yet? i read some of your posts...i ride all the same places you do. maybe sometime well hit up calico. (bike doesnt like it too much in the summer tho)

hey MJF, I noticed right away you were using RadMfg hubs. I love mine, they are really trick pieces of kit.

You can use them on pretty much any bike as long as you get the correct carrier and spacers. plus they are nearly indestructable and greasable.