spoiler about daytona

His fitness is there. You can't get to the top level without competing. With time it'll come!

Just like you can't run/bike/lift and expect to come out and win a race. You can't ride w/ your friends and expect to come out and win Daytona.

Congrats to him for the podium. It's huge and hopefully he doesn't F*K it up

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His fitness is there. You can't get to the top level without competing. With time it'll come!

Just like you can't run/bike/lift and expect to come out and win a race. You can't ride w/ your friends and expect to come out and win Daytona.

Congrats to him for the podium. It's huge and hopefully he doesn't F*K it up

Well, i meant, so he is able to push it the whole 20...he might have won if he had stayed strong.

He did not cut the track. After braking to avoid the pile up he was forced off the track re entered at the safest place possible. What was he suppoosed to do run over the downed riders... wait for everone to get up.. This is a non issue.

The rider everone loves to hate had the fastest qualifier time, ownes his own team, writes his own contracts and nearly won the daytona sx.

Now go pound sand.

Well, i meant, so he is able to push it the whole 20...he might have won if he had stayed strong.

yep, jlaw even said he didn't have any gas left in his tank at the end and his conditioning wasn't up to snuff. you could tell he was done at 15 laps, normal lites finals distance. he's got skills, but alot more goes into winning sx than just innate skill.

Hell yeah... GO j-law... I love it that kid from PA is kicking ass!

hes from jersey. if you lawrence lovers only knew the crap hes been pulling at local tracks since he was a kid... none of his antics are new or unexpected. Its pretty sad when you can't be proud of someone that came from your home state... ?

once he takes the racing seriously, then ill respect him, til then, hes a punk. :ride:

I saw that he cut the track also but no one seems to be talking about it.

I watched it a couple of times, and while he did cut the track, I'm not sure he had much of a choice.. where would you have him go? He cut the finger of the corner by about 10ft, but his only other option was to ride through the crashed riders.

He did have a pretty bad start, and since he ended up in the lead I'd have to admit he improved his position. End of the day, it made for one of the best races or the year. I'm not a J-Law fan, but damn, it was a lot better than watching 22 chase 7.

I'm starting to feel bad for James. First he gets knocked silly at A1, and now he's tring to ride away on somebody elses bike...

Man, one think I noticed was Ricky's dilike for Lawrance, "Look at him Labor, Laboring, Laboring!", spoken by Ricky in condesending tone, "there he goes lays down now".

i disagree, he was just stating the obvious he was losing over 1 1/2 seconds per lap the last few. he went from over 7 seconds up with 6 to go and got passed readily. jlaw was coasting through the corners at the end. don't forget jlaw set the fastst lap in practice. also, i don't think ricky does respect jlaw much so considering that i think he went pretty easy on him considering the way his tongue was hangin' at the end

You just disagreed at the beginning then said exactly what I did, that Ricky doesn't care for Jlaw very much.

I've heard a lot of trash talk before and when someone repeats the negative adverb a few times thats usually not a complement of or just calling what your seeing. Like if I repeat you Backpedaled, Backpedaled, Backpedaled in your response.

You just disagreed at the beginning then said exactly what I did, that Ricky doesn't care for Jlaw very much.

I've heard a lot of trash talk before and when someone repeats the negative adverb a few times thats usually not a complement of or just calling what your seeing. Like if I repeat you Backpedaled, Backpedaled, Backpedaled in your response.

i guess i disagreed with the part of he was being "condescending" i just think he was being factual.

^^This guy doesn't have his head up a goats butt.

really, i guess because i don't think rc was condescending i have my head up his butt huh? interesting that jlaw said the exact thing after the race that rc said during the race." out of gas, lack of fitness" i guess i should be more sensitive to jlaws' cheerleaders. sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. sorry your boy didn't win

I don't think anyone should be surprised the GOAT doesn't have respect for JLaw. RC is pure excellence and JLaw has been a constant let down and black eye to modern day "P.C." MX/SX. Parties too much, gets in trouble all the time, no show for training, etc etc....

As for cutting the track; everyone was piled up in front of him, he did what he had to! Ferry took similar route. Congrats to JLaw for a great finish.

I just watched the start again and noticed how bad Byrne crashed hope he is doing alright.

Jason renewed my appreciation for him as a rider tonight!!! he rode a strong hard race at the best of his ability and admitted his status against chad(therefore not trying anything aggressive as we all expect) and paid tribute to chad on the podium also... I think that was the first time in a while I didn't see J-law say something stupid on the podium! GO J-LAW!

Also you had to love chads comments about him! "he cops alot of slack and for good reasons, he is a good kid..." its always good to treat your fans well hehe

I think J Law is awesome always have despite his faults he is an amazing rider and you never know what to expect when he is out there. But as they say you have to earn respect so it will take more that one good finish and a wekk of staying out of trouble to silence the critics, I myself hope he can keep himself together and reach the level he is obviously capable of.

Well said. He also said cool things about Reed on the podium. He certainly slowed for Reed but Reed certainly had the speed and time to pass him. Now get J-Law some Crest Whitening Strips.

Now Milsaps move on Alessi was not cool and very uncalled for.

Greg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH your wrong ... LMAO

I saw that too though

really, i guess because i don't think rc was condescending i have my head up his butt huh? interesting that jlaw said the exact thing after the race that rc said during the race." out of gas, lack of fitness" i guess i should be more sensitive to jlaws' cheerleaders. sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. sorry your boy didn't win

That was a joke bud lighten up. The guy who said RC pisses excellence and JLaw has been a stain to motocross so far is fairly factual. RC trains his ass off and takes the sport very seriously. He elevated it to what it is now. So him looking down on Jlaw shouldn't be hard to imagine.

Im actually proud of Jason concidering how 2009 has been for him so far, Im just glad that this happend so he can get a bit of his confidence back. On Another note if he is concidering running a 450 in outdoors he might want to start conditioning himself, nothing more frusterating than handing over a win because of laziness and lack of dedication off the track .... Congrats to him though ? Last season didnt he crank it up a notch mid-season also ?