Sign in to follow this  

woods registering in MA, no bill of sale

Anyone try to woods register in MA with no bill of sale? I've had my bike for years and have never registered it. Now that my kids go with me the old keep the tailgate down, ramp out, and key in the ignition just is not going to work. I see that you have to pay tax on them now but I truthfully can not say when my bike was purchased? Ofcourse, I bought theirs out of state and have none for them either. I was going to register them in ME, but see that legally, you need a MA plate as well to ride in any state park? Any help is much apreciated!!!!

just make a fake bill of sale for $200 bucks. thats all i did for my wifes quad. then you pay 30 more a year for the plate and thats it...

Thank you for the info. I will definately try that. I remember the hassle my buddy went through in boston registering his jet ski. I did not know if they were major pricks like the regular registry in MA.

Have you paid sale tax on it.if not pay on line print out paper work and bring it with you its a lot faster

Have not yet. I'll check into the online thing. thanks for the tip!!! I'm still griping over the fact that I have to pay tax on something I've owned for years. I really hate this state, always out for the buck!!

Slagburn? You must be a welder?

Just make sure your bill of sale says you bought it within the last 30 days or they'll charge you late penalties on top of the taxes. Pay the ST-6 tax online, print the receipt, then go to the dcr office. Takes like 5 minutes once you're there.

ST-6:

https://wfb.dor.state.ma.us/WebFile/WSI/Public/WebForms/ST6/RecreationTaxDefault.aspx

Registration App:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dle/registration&titlingform.pdf

Finally someone who gets my name, lol. I am actually a mechanic but do a lot of welding and torch work at my job hence the name slagburn666. I am definately going to do that. I just have to pick a day to take off work to go in to town. It is lousy that they are only there m-f until 4:00. (worse than bankers hours)

do it all thru the mail.

First time you have to go in thats what they told me

i live in ct and i've NEVER gone in person to register my bike (atv reg not street)....

besides.....forests don't open till may 1st unless its too wet in their opinion......so you have plenty of time to try through the mail...

you'll need a street address for the seller, so be ready to make something up...zipcode, etc

We are talking Massachusetts

they want you in person so they can go over everyrhing in person most mistakes taken care of on the spot. mail it in get it back about 2months later not completed . Also one area in mass is open year round :banghead: last sunday and they do check for plates.

oner way they get you> Sales tax is due on the 20th day of the following month from date of purchase

i live in ct but my dirtbikes is registered in MASS

NEVER done it in person....ALWAYS done it thru the mail.......:)

Thank you all for the help. It is much apreciated. I will probably go right in to Boston. The bill of sale is all set. I just need to make the time to go. That way if there is a problem, I don't find out months later. Their hours are horrible!! It's like m-f 9:00-4:00, last I checked. Ofcourse, I work 7:30- 5:30. When I renue it, I will definately do the mail thing.