LED turn signals for my BRP

Hey Guys I busted 1 of my turn signals today so I think I'm going to replace them all with LED. So I'm looking for Durable visible nice looking signals for my 650l. Any input on which brands work well & which to stay away from would be great ! Even a pic of your BRP with LEDS would be even better !!

The best led blinkers are offered by Ezeran and are priced at $14.99/pair through Amazon. You can also purchase directly through the Ezeran site, but it actually costs a few dollars more. Baja Designs, Chaparal also sell similar LED turn signals, but at close to $45/pair, which really is no comparison to the Ezeran light pricing. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001J81JSO/ref=dp_olp_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1236600968&sr=8-4

I run these lights up front and in the back.

Xr650lwX2Front.jpg

Rearturnsignalson.jpg

LED lights require less power than standard bulbs, so you'll need to pick up a new LED specific flasher to plug into your harness. This is around $20.

This is a great money saving mod as if you ride off road alot, like I do, and crash alot, like I do, replacing OEM turn signal compenents gets pricey. I keep a few of these led units on hand and replace as needed.

Good luck.

-Scott

I bought 2 sets of flush-mount t/s on ePay (about $12 a pair). I don't think they are LED, but they work great, are out of the way, and I have yet to break one even though I've dropped my bike a LOT since I mounted them.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=63370

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=63371

The best led blinkers are offered by Ezeran and are priced at $14.99/pair through Amazon. You can also purchase directly through the Ezeran site, but it actually costs a few dollars more. Baja Designs, Chaparal also sell similar LED turn signals, but at close to $45/pair, which really is no comparison to the Ezeran light pricing. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001J81JSO/ref=dp_olp_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1236600968&sr=8-4

Xr650lwX2Front.jpg

Rearturnsignalson.jpg

LED lights require less power than standard bulbs, so you'll need to pick up a new LED specific flasher to plug into your harness. This is around $20.

This is a great money saving mod as if you ride off road alot, like I do, and crash alot, like I do, replacing OEM turn signal compenents gets pricey. I keep a few of these led units on hand and replace as needed.

Good luck.

-Scott

Scott, are those the signals that can bend 90 degrees w/o break'n??? ..."Crash Advantage"??? ...if so that a great price :ride:

TIA

P.S. u know u can remove the rear signal brackets and mount them directly to the frame??? it trims sum weight and pulls the signals in a bit tighter ?

Not sure if they're branded "crash advantage" but they've survived some hard days of single track riding/bike dropping. The stalk bends where it reaches the end part that bolts through the hole.

Yes, in the rear I mounted the leds lights to the stock xr650l rear turn signals supports. These supports are designed to provide give to the signal stalk should you hit it while swinging a leg over or hitting branches, etc. Rather than have the stalk bend, why not have the support give a bit?

There's probably not much weight saving to be had, a few ounces at most.

-Scott

Scott, are those the signals that can bend 90 degrees w/o break'n??? ..."Crash Advantage"??? ...if so that a great price :ride:

TIA

P.S. u know u can remove the rear signal brackets and mount them directly to the frame??? it trims sum weight and pulls the signals in a bit tighter ?

For my CRF I bought DRC turn signals and the IC relay for them. They were a good price and have held up very well.

For my 650 I bought the Baja Designs DS kit that has an option for LED's, they are the same ones K&S sells or you can get them from that guy on amazon. They too have held well but I only have 1 ride on them.

The Crf

P3090072.jpg

P3090073.jpg

P3090075.jpg

And the 650....

P3090069.jpg

P3090070.jpg

P3090071.jpg

Here's what I did on the front of my 650R. I followed another member's lead and mounted some Zeta l.e.d. signals in my Cycra handguards. I haven't smacked a tree with them yet so I can't say how they will hold up.

CIMG0040.jpg

For the rear I used some DRC flushmount l.e.d. signals. Now they won't catch my legs the next time the pig bucks me off the back. ?

CIMG0041.jpg

Excuse the bad pics...

• 2 months later...

Xr650lwX2Front.jpg

Rearturnsignalson.jpg

Good luck.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

1st,nice bike u got :crazy:

Liked and got same turn light,plus Flasher [most ppl using in here] from Kragen 552 [didnt say any about LED] and itsnt flashing.They all lights up.

Was wondering what Flasher r u using?

Thanx for advice,

Paul

can anyone recommend? me which FLasher should I get for these LEDs? :

Bajadesign or this:

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/dualloadequalizer.asp

or something else? 552 does NOT work :eek:

I've got a flasher from Baja Designs that came with me DS kit and it will run l.e.d. or regular signals. :crazy:

I've got a flasher from Baja Designs that came with me DS kit and it will run l.e.d. or regular signals. :crazy:

I was using the baja designs kit but the flasher control went out, I called them and they told me to just get one from the auto parts store. It worked well with the standard lights, but since switching it hardly blinks. I was begining to think something was wrong with the stator.

Can anyone clarify why we need a different flasher control for the leds? I am no electrical wizzard and anyhelp would be appreciated.

Also, if your running an led brakelight does that need a different relay to function properly also?

TIA

I was using the baja designs kit but the flasher control went out, I called them and they told me to just get one from the auto parts store. It worked well with the standard lights, but since switching it hardly blinks. I was begining to think something was wrong with the stator.

Can anyone clarify why we need a different flasher control for the leds? I am no electrical wizzard and anyhelp would be appreciated.

Also, if your running an led brakelight does that need a different relay to function properly also?

TIA

the old skool cheapo flashers require a minimum electrical load to function...LEDs and even lower wattage bulbs may not provide enough load and signals will not flash...simular if one turnsignal bulb burns out, the other signal on that side will light solid(no flash)...

...the brake light has no flasher rather a brake light switch so there are no issues w/ LED brake lights.

:crazy:

TIA

The older Baja kits had a standard flasher that would only control regular signals. The newer kits come with an electronic flasher that will control either types of signals.