Sign in to follow this  

Free Cigar!!

Man... I did the 3x3 mod with the JD jet kit. The bike is insane, BUT .... it won't run unless the choke is all the way out or PRM on the gas tank is switched on.

I tried messing with the throttle cable screws and idle mixture screw. Still won't run on regular gas tank setting. I Know I am forgetting an adjustment. If someone can give me the fix for this problem I'll send ya a good cigar.

It's first come, first serve. Whoever gets back to me with the right fix gets the stogie(s).

I really need this answer before Monday. Gotta got to work on Monday on the DRZ.

Thanks,

Chris.

PS. I promise a good stoggie!

It's embarassing to post this...but.. this happened to me and it's hard to write but here I go. MORE GAS in the tank maybe. I had only enough after draining the tank cause I had it off for the rejet that it would only get gas on the prime setting. That took an imbarassing 10 minutes to figure out in front of a crowd who wanted to hear the new pipe. Bike won't stay running is not selling feature.

jason

Too bad that "Sling Blade" character (Billy Bob Thorton) wasn't around to help! :moon:

I think I woulda lied and told us it had a cracked vacumn hose or something :ride:

Nah, just kidding, :p Manning Up on small stuff makes for good practice. Glad it was a "simple" fix. :moon:

Yep. What a bonehead move. The vacuum wasn't connected. You guys are great and so is this message board.

As promised I will send a quality stoggie to "wvdualsport". wvdualsport please PM me with your address if you would your cigar.

Thank you!

Yep. What a bonehead move. The vacuum wasn't connected. You guys are great and so is this message board.

As promised I will send a quality stoggie to "wvdualsport". wvdualsport please PM me with your address if you would your cigar.

Thank you!

I appreciate the offer Bonifacev, but I don't smoke so I'll pass on the cigar. Just glad I was able to help. It really doesn't take a genius to figure out how I knew what your problem was (as did the other posters). We've done it before ourselves, so don't feel bad. Maybe one of these days you'll be able to help answer a question I have.

Glad you got her running. Enjoy. :p

Shawn

I guess the next in line that wants it gets it :ride:

Is it one of them illegal ones? :p