Sign in to follow this  

New ATK LQ owner!

I finally gave up on trying to get used to the unpredictable handling of my 98 KTM. It was too heavy, too tall, and felt like I was always riding on ice...

I have wanted an ATK ever since I saw one for the first time on a show room floor in 99. I ended up selling the KTM and buying a 97 LQ about 3 hours ago :p and I can't wait to try it out. It is in incredible shape and there isn't even paint missing on the frame above the foot pegs. It also has a Dyno Port exhaust system that looks brand new.

My question is: Whats a sure way to tell the displacement on this bike? The title says 260 LQ but the stickers say 250--also the po had no idea. There is no headlight... Any ideas on where to start?

Also what oil should I run in the crank case? I'm guessing 80W, but as unique as this bike is I'm thinking that it could be something else. Thanks for any info or tips,

Andrew

Oh, and one more thing. I kept the Scotts damper off my KTM and was wondering what I need to do to put it on the ATK? Scotts doesn't appear to offer a bolt on kit for this model is there a known retrofit of any sort? Thanks again!

Thanks for the link :banghead:

Ha ha I guess there isn't many ATk LQ people here.... or anywhere else for that matter :)