Roosta Performance Pipes? - DRZ Exhaust?

Hi Guys, New member, just about to pick up a 09' 400 SM. - I was just wondering if anyone in Australia knew how to get onto "Roosta Perfomance pipes" - Ive searched the net & I'm having no luck. - Anyone here have one?? - Ive read great things about them.

Congrats on your new purchase . I bought a barrett and am pretty happy with that . I have seen quite a few mentions of roosta pipes in dirt bike magazine , either google roosta performance pipes or check out dirt bike mag , but I dont know of a specific website . I do know they mention roosta/transac a few times , maybe they are one and the same , greg

yeah I've narrowed it down to a Roosta or Barrett I think... = I've heard that a full Roosta system is aroud the $550aud mark, which makes it dirt cheap! - How you finding the barrett?

I`m loving it , as anything would be better than the standard pipe/boat anchor . I paid $719 for the full barrett though . The sound is great and as I did the rejet and 3x3 at the same time , I cannot say if the pipe itself makes the bike better . But with the mods , my bike now runs smoothly and has no surging or the annoying stutter it used to have mid corner . And the alloy muffler and tip where colour matched to my bike , so that looks cool too . One thing it did do is save a lot of weight , have you felt how heavy the std. pipe is yet ? Another thing is I didnt check the diameter of the header pipe , and as this is one of the power mods [ larger diameter header pipe from the E-model or a proper performance pipe ] that everyone talks about , then that could be something to consider if you want to eventually go the horsepower route . But whichever way you go , do the 3x3 and rejet aswell . Everyone here recomends the JD kit , I used the dynojet stage 2 and found it easy to install . If you are mechanically minded , it`s a piece of piss to put in , it just takes a bit of time and effort for a great reward . Ive had 24 motorbikes , so no problem for me as I can do most of my own work . Ive always had dirt bikes and loved riding them around town , as they were great to go through traffic and have a play with , but now with a motard we get the best of both worlds ?

P2170019.jpgP2170029.jpgP2170024.jpgP2170027-1.jpg Here you go mate , if you google barrett exhausts , you can find there website , I cannot remember it off the top of my head . They are available in a number of colour combinations , but if you could get one , a yoshi or mrd from the states seems the go , then you`ve got the price though , greg

Just updated my DRZ400E 2007 model to a brand new 2009 model, I used to run the ballards baffle. In the April issue of Australasian dirt bike mag there is an add for DEP pipes they have a System 3 to suite a DRZ400E for only $499.95 with a carbon fibre end cap. DEPs web site has no information about this pipe only the system 7, does anyone have any information about this pipe?

Any help or recommendations on other pipes would be greatly appreciated.

I`m loving it , as anything would be better than the standard pipe/boat anchor . I paid $719 for the full barrett though . The sound is great and as I did the rejet and 3x3 at the same time , I cannot say if the pipe itself makes the bike better . But with the mods , my bike now runs smoothly and has no surging or the annoying stutter it used to have mid corner . And the alloy muffler and tip where colour matched to my bike , so that looks cool too . One thing it did do is save a lot of weight , have you felt how heavy the std. pipe is yet ? Another thing is I didnt check the diameter of the header pipe , and as this is one of the power mods [ larger diameter header pipe from the E-model or a proper performance pipe ] that everyone talks about , then that could be something to consider if you want to eventually go the horsepower route . But whichever way you go , do the 3x3 and rejet aswell . Everyone here recomends the JD kit , I used the dynojet stage 2 and found it easy to install . If you are mechanically minded , it`s a piece of piss to put in , it just takes a bit of time and effort for a great reward . Ive had 24 motorbikes , so no problem for me as I can do most of my own work . Ive always had dirt bikes and loved riding them around town , as they were great to go through traffic and have a play with , but now with a motard we get the best of both worlds ?

How loud is the full barrett system? ie is it neighbour friendly if you aren't up it to much?

Thanks.

How loud is the full barrett system? ie is it neighbour friendly if you aren't up it to much?

Thanks.

It has a very deep idle and sounds like a much bigger bike , lots of people look when I pull up at the lights [ this could be because I ride like a nutjob ]. They have a sheet of perforated stainless under the end cap which cuts down a lot of the noise , but it could be considered loud if you give it some stick . I live in a small block of apartments so I just idle it to warm up and then take off and pull in the clutch to keep it quiet till I reach the street . Then I just go for it , and when I get home , I just park it quickly so as to not disturb too many people . But once I am out on the main road , it doesnt sound too loud and would compare with an uncorked E , but with a deeper note , I reckon . I have rode past a few cops and none of them paid me much attention so far , and they are pretty heavy handed up here in townsville . We have all these anti hoon laws now and the cops just love to use them . So I would say that you can definately hear it , and if you give it the berries it could be considered anti social , but if you ride to the speed limit it doesn`t sound too loud , greg

I found out that the DEP S3 is a special Australian version even though it's made in the UK. It's only just been released and it's rated at 94dbs. I've Been told the barrett is 98dbs I am still not sure what I will get.

The ballards website has pictures and prices of barrett, dep etc. www.ballards.cc in their online catalog and the distributer for DEP Pipes is John Titman Racing www.jtr.com.au who I found very helpful and they explained that the official dep website doesn't list any information as it's only new and an Australian release.