Sign in to follow this  

SME sliders, ran into problem DRZ400SM

Hey guys,

So I figured I'd try to save some $$$ and make my own axle sliders for my 2008 DRZ400SM. I bought just the slider pucks from Supermoto Engineering and got the nuts/washers/threaded rod and went to work. Cut the rods to what seemed like the right length, started installing them and noticed that the left side front and right side rear stuck out much further than the opposite sides. I know it was because of the axle nuts. I checked the stock ones and noticed that they are cut away to fit so far over the axle nuts so that they stick out equally on each side.

I was concerned because on one side the slider would be useless in the front, but would work great in the back (say right side) and the opposite for the other side. Without spacing it out somehow you have a slider on each side of the bike that really wouldn't do any good.

So my question is if this is normal and I have to live with it? I thought about just getting the SME kit for the DRZ400SM but don't know if it comes with the right off-set spacers and such to make it so each little puck sits out the right distance from the axle tubes. I have the pucks, so I figured they might just sell me a hardware kit with everything rather than make me buy the entire kit.

Just wondering what you guys think?

The kits for my 250fs have spacers.

I think they all might come with spacers, but on the front/rear do they stick out the same or equal amount OR does one slider front & back stick out a different amount?

I was just trying to think if I am stuck with having a slider set that doesn't sit out equally or if SME has a fix for that

I think they all might come with spacers, but on the front/rear do they stick out the same or equal amount OR does one slider front & back stick out a different amount?

I was just trying to think if I am stuck with having a slider set that doesn't sit out equally or if SME has a fix for that

The spacer on one side of the front, slides into the recessed portion of the axle and makes it stick out father to even it out. Both my slider stick out the same. I have the axle blocks with sliders on the rear. Post some pics because I don't know how the DRZ is setup.