Sign in to follow this  

Water Pump drive on a 91 RM125

Ok I picked up this basket case RM125 last week and am trying to put it back togeather. I am having problems figuring out how to intall the water pump impeller and what drives it. The bike was taken apart when I got it. I was told that the water pump gear is driven off the crank gear. The water pump sits directly over the crankshaft bolt. there are 2 gears on the crank shaft. One meshes with the clutch basket and the other meshes with the governer gear. Being this thing was disassembled bye someone else for an unknown reason anything is possible at this point. I am wondering if maybe the clutch case is wrong. I have already test fired the motor and it runs perfect. The only thing holding me back is the water pump. Any advise would help...

I think I may have figured out what is going on. I believe after much research that the clutch case is wrong for the engine. I believe the water pump will be driven off of the governer gear. The bike came with 2 differnt types of governer gears...One has a smaller gear on top and the other has no gear on top...The side case it has now will only allow the installation of the gear with out the smaller gear on top. From what it looks like the water pump is repositioned foward a little on the other case which when equipped with correct governer gear will place the water pump in mesh with it. Now I need to know does anyone know where I can find a complete right side case cover cheep?

I would try Ebay but I'm thinking thats going to be a dealer part. Which obviously won't be cheap. Have you tried the TT OEM store.