Sign in to follow this  

Interesting quirks - WR250

Finally got my new 07 WR250 run in and noticed a few little quirks:

1 - the reserve seems to be about 200mls - it appears totally useless.

2 - the tank seems to take slightly more than 10l from bone dry even though it claims to be 9.5l.

3- the hour meter drops back to the previous 10 minutes - if you kill the engine every 9 minutes you'll never gain any time on your hour meter.

4 - the odometer resets itself on occasion (mine has done this twice now).

5 - the gear lever hits the clutch cover as supplied and needs bending (a well known one).

6 - the switch gear uses the pass light switch as a kill switch.

7 - the shock doesn't seem to have adjustable rebound damping.

None of these are major complaints (just interesting little quirks) and the bike itself is a blast to ride. Nothing like a 2 stroke MXer - much more controllable power (just less of it).

Anyone have any others that I haven't spotted yet?

You have to compress the rear suspension to access the rebound adjuster screw. One person can do this with a tie down strap from swingarm over the seat to other side of swingarm. You really can't do yourself on the trail.:p

The rear plastic mud flap rubs on the swingarm and leaves grooves. Take a razor knife and cut off the ribs on the flap. I took a piece of innertube and glued it to the swingarm because even with the ribs gone, the flap will still wear the aluminum.

To adjust the rebount I get on the opposite side of the bike, lean over and put my full weight onto the seat through my chest, and then I can get it. If you are not tall and heavy this might not work though.