Sign in to follow this  

Travelling in SE in May

We are planning to take a longer spring break this year and going to have one month long road trip in Georgia, Florida and Carolina's in May. We are coming from far away and all the tips and hints are welcome.

We are flying to Atlanta 3rd of May and after staying in the metro area for couple of days will drive all the way down to Key West. Plan is to also spent around one week on Orlando/Disney area and then drive through east coast up to DC. Question is that is there any major events/races ongoing along our route which would be worth to check? I'm upper B-class woods racer here in national level and would really like to see some racing in states.

I have already checked couple of SE series flyers and all national level schedules and it seems that we are going to miss the national level events, but there are some local races held in May (Florida at least). I'm also planning to check the Highland Park in Georgia and even rent a bike for a day or two.

So all hints welcome, especially information about good and affordable accommodations in Keys, Miami, the whole East coast up to DC and so on.

Thanks!