Sign in to follow this  

NINJA chainguard

I need a chainguard for PA state inspection. Here's how I rigged one up from 2006 ZX10R Ninja (found on eBay for $20.00).

today016.jpg

today014.jpg

today028.jpg

Looks great! Very impressive DS job, well above a handyman special. Your idea of thrown together must mean that it has to look like it came from the factory.:ride: Your bike looks nicer than a factory dual sport. I am scared to post pics of my bush buggy.:p Its gonna hurt to get it dirty!!

How do your handguards work? I am looking at changing over my moose ones for guards with more room.

Looks great! Very impressive DS job, ....

How do your handguards work? I am looking at changing over my moose ones for guards with more room.

Thanks...if only my wife thought all those hours spent in the garage were so well spent...

I have no complaints with the handguards, but I don't have anything to compare them to ( I had an '86 XR200 with plastic ones back in the day but these are a diffent breed).

To be honest I think some of the other brands are nicer looking. These are nice though; not to expensive and you can buy replacement parts separatly if you need them.

Mele

Would it be possible to get a pic looking under your rear fender? How did you cut it to fit the BD Fender? I want to tuck the new light and keep the stock rear light.

Mele

Would it be possible to get a pic looking under your rear fender? How did you cut it to fit the BD Fender? I want to tuck the new light and keep the stock rear light.

I'll see what I can do. Mine came from BD with the hole already cut out because I bought the dual sport kit for my specific bike. It's nothing fancy, really. It's still a generic piece so you can fit it the way you like. A little tip: pick up some black rubber washers to place between the metal grommits and the fender, it looks and fits nicer and wont mar the plastic.

Mele

today059.jpg

today059a.jpg

Perfect, Thank You!

The opening should also allow for an easier way to clean out dirt from between the fenders.