Sign in to follow this  

When will the DRZ400s be replaced with an FI version?

I am curious to know. what will that do to this forum?

Get Eddie more business e-mailing FI mapping around the world.......:p

Erling

I don't understand the question. Are you suggesting that FI will suddenly negate the need for maintaining the many DRzs that already have carbs on them? Or that suddenl the non-carb issues will become irrelevant? No one will want to gather info on the different exhaust systems available?

All FI would do to this forum is give us more fuel for the debates and discussions.

Nobody knows, yet.

The new model info for non-motocross bikes is usually released in September or October.

Other than maybe having to add a new forum title (if they change the model designation to something other than DR-Z400) and having threads about FI mapping and how to improve on the stock EPA settings, things would be similar to how they are.

I don't understand the question. Are you suggesting that FI will suddenly negate the need for maintaining the many DRzs that already have carbs on them? Or that suddenl the non-carb issues will become irrelevant? No one will want to gather info on the different exhaust systems available?

All FI would do to this forum is give us more fuel for the debates and discussions.

what I mean by that was this. simply that there are many types of people on this forum that all have one thing in common, their Z. If a new version came out the forum would consist of people that already own them or bought them used, eliminating the constant stream of new posters who just bought their Z at a dealership. The forum will take a hit, without the new energy is my point.

Please do not wish or ask for a fuel injected on our DRZ400. My friend has a fuel injected BMW Challenge and because of the FI he has spend most of the time pushing the piece of cr@p.

FI and it associated computer is nothing but trouble and is nearly impossible to work on.:p

Please do not wish or ask for a fuel injected on our DRZ400. My friend has a fuel injected BMW Challenge and because of the FI he has spend most of the time pushing the piece of cr@p.

FI and it associated computer is nothing but trouble and is nearly impossible to work on.:p

I didnt I love my carburated to death. I own this bike forever. Love it so much I rode it from Masshole to Cali

New EPA Requirements AND Standards become effective for the 2010 Model Year:eek:

These NEW STANDARDS will just about require Manufactures of D/P Motorcycles to use EFI because the numbers are so tight that a carb bike will not pass the test:banghead:

So......

will the DRZ have an EFI????

or will the DRZ be dead and maybe a new model mid-weight D/P bike come out of SUZUKI????

only the shadow knows for sure:smirk:

either way, the DRZ400 as we know it is in it's last model year @ 2009 and 10 years old...........and what a ride it's been!

what I mean by that was this. simply that there are many types of people on this forum that all have one thing in common, their Z. If a new version came out the forum would consist of people that already own them or bought them used, eliminating the constant stream of new posters who just bought their Z at a dealership. The forum will take a hit, without the new energy is my point.

In the end this forum will fade away. That is the way of the world. In the mean time there are thousands of these bikes out there and every one of them has an owner that needs answers. It is gonna be a while yet before we all move on.

FI and it associated computer is nothing but trouble and is nearly impossible to work on.:ride:

Yeah, because all of my FI'd cars, racecar, and truck are all super unreliable and impossible to tune with FI.

:p

Yeah, because all of my FI'd cars, racecar, and truck are all super unreliable and impossible to tune with FI.

:p

:ride::moon: :moon:

New EPA Requirements AND Standards become effective for the 2010 Model Year:eek:

These NEW STANDARDS will just about require Manufactures of D/P Motorcycles to use EFI because the numbers are so tight that a carb bike will not pass the test:banghead:

So......

will the DRZ have an EFI????

or will the DRZ be dead and maybe a new model mid-weight D/P bike come out of SUZUKI????

only the shadow knows for sure:smirk:

either way, the DRZ400 as we know it is in it's last model year @ 2009 and 10 years old...........and what a ride it's been!

wow wow wow. I have to part with my baby. is there anyway around it? *** man mine gets over 60mpg. why would the epa have a problem with that?

wow wow wow. I have to part with my baby. is there anyway around it? *** man mine gets over 60mpg. why would the epa have a problem with that?

oh wait I am a moron. just because suzuki dont make them dont make the carb DRZ street ill leagal lol:bonk: :p

I like the Idea of FI but I would rather have a 6 speed and an aluminum frame.

+2 :p:ride::moon:

Aluminum frame? Please no...damn Honda for starting this myth that they are better than steel or lighter than steel. In some applications sure, but not in a motocross/sm application.

I would love EFI and a little weight reduction program far before I would love to see a 6 speed in a 400+ cc street driven 4 stroke. There likely is not enough width in the cases for a reliable 6 speed transmission. The face width of the gears would be narrower than the 5 speed and as we all know and love, the DRZ is extremely reliable as is.

BTW, I am extremely close to finally bolting my EFI conversion onto my bike. It has been close to 2 years in planning but I think I finally have all the parts I like to make it compact, reliable, and look factory.

I see this posted all the time and half to ask why? What are the benefits?

How much lighter would an aluminum frame be? Why the 6th gear? Looking for an overdrive or tighter spacing?

EFI is not that big a deal. I don't fear carbs like some of the younger set and EFI isn't voodoo to me either.Not sure it is enough of an advantage to justify the rise in cost that it will bring with it.

I see this posted all the time and half to ask why? What are the benefits?

How much lighter would an aluminum frame be? Why the 6th gear? Looking for an overdrive or tighter spacing?

I doubt that the aluminum frame would make that much difference. If you are looking for a light weight mx bike this is the wrong bike to begin with. Now the six speed interests me. Yup, overdrive. Make it all that much more a dual sport. Low end gearing for the dirt and the top end gearing for the road. You could also spread out the five speeds we have. Make four and five progressively higher. The point is that you would end up with a more road worthy top gear while retaining the dirt worthy lower gears. Puts the dual in dual sport.

Personally, an aluminum frame would be cool for having the latest thing and/or bling, but I don't feel that I have to have it, even though I've owned bikes with it.

If a new model DR-Z featured one, well, that's OK with me, but not percieved as something the bike is sorely needing by me.

The 6th gear is something I very much wish my DR-Z400SM had.

It would allow the possibility of the bike having both a taller top gear and tighter gear spacing.