Sign in to follow this  

Clark 3.6(dirt model) pics? anyone?

I received my insurance money from my wreck last weekend, so time for parts. I was on justgastanks and seen the Clark 3.6, looks like they eliminated the volcano top, hell I didn't know Clark made this tank. Anyway I was going to go with IMS 2.6 team tank, but isn't practical for me, so I am torn between the IMS 3.2 or this Clark 3.6??? It will be black too..

I received my insurance money from my wreck last weekend, so time for parts. I was on justgastanks and seen the Clark 3.6, looks like they eliminated the volcano top, hell I didn't know Clark made this tank. Anyway I was going to go with IMS 2.6 team tank, but isn't practical for me, so I am torn between the IMS 3.2 or this Clark 3.6??? It will be black too..

i have a clarke 3.9 black just sitting . you want it $ 160 and $10 to ship i was going to put it on ebay , but i would like to help out someone here first here is a pic with it on my bike , so you can see what it looks like drz002.jpg

The Clarke 3.6 fits the "E" model only. For some reason i was thinking you had an "S".

Mike :p:ride:

Anthony, thanks for the offer, I have the Clark 3.9(been stored a couple years) already and wanted to get a medium tank, I do appreciate it though!

Mike I do have the S, was going to mod it like the IMS 2.6 team tank.

I know everyone that has had the IMS 3.2 like it, so will most likely go that route.

Anthony, thanks for the offer, I have the Clark 3.9(been stored a couple years) already and wanted to get a medium tank, I do appreciate it though!

I know everyone that has had the IMS 3.2 like it, so will most likely go that route.

What all is involved in modding it to fit? I have been thinking about another tank.

Mike :p:ride:

so................does anyone have pictures of a Clark 3.6 on their bike or not ?

I do have the IMS 3.2 and do like it ,but my FCR can be really thirsty at times :p .

here is my new IMS 3.2 tank , its green :p i like it greenbike019.jpg

I don't have a picture of mine yet, but I can have one tomorrow.

I just installed a blue one a couple weeks ago. It takes a bit of tinkering, but it fits fine and works out well.

Here's what you will need to do:

1) Fashion a tab similar to the stock tank so that it catches the front of the seat.

2) The tank doesn't come with mounting holes for the back of the tank. You will have to figure out how to fashion a rubber strap or band to secure the back of the tank. I used metal strapping screwed into the stock mounting holes.

3) Remove rubber bumpers for stock tank. I couldn't get mine to fit with them.

4) You may have to remove some of the rubber bumpers from the bottom of the seat. Because of the increased seat angle, i couldn't get the seat low enough to catch the tab for the front of the seat.

Oh yea, one more thing... i've heard that some people have to remove the fan in order for it to fit. I got lucky and have about 2mm clearance.

Good luck if you go this route... let me know if you still want a pic.

Later...

- KeVin

Here's a thread I did on that exact tank almost a year ago. Pictures, clearances, etc. Check it out.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631045&highlight=

Cuchara, not only pics, but excellent write up!! Ask and you shall receive, got to love the DR-Z forum!:p I searched and missed your thread!

Thanks for the pic Anthony, guess I have till morning to make up my mind.

Kevin, go ahead and post a pic of your blue one too- right on!