Sign in to follow this  

Higher footpegs on CRF250R 08

A friend is riding a CRF250R 08. She is a tiny little dragon and someone told her to get higher footpegs. He told her to weld them... But is it possible to get som higher footpegs in the shops?

Most foot pegs tend to be lower. I have not seen any that are higher. Shavinig the seat has the same effect in addressing inseam issues.

If you want to bike lower to the ground you can have the suspension profesionally lowered.

Changing sag to make a bike fit is as bad a bit of advice that can be given. The purpose of sag is not to make a bike fit.

Pro Taper makes some foot pegs with height adjustability. They bolt on and give you way more traction then the stocks. They are kinda pricey though at $180.00

www.protaper.com

shaving the seat is the cheapest way for sure, getting your suspension lowered would probly be the best way for a short rider. im pretty short and thats what i plan on doing.

True ebeck in the sense of making it fit would be not such good advice but having it set up properly would make riding for a smaller rider much easier compared to the stock settings on the sag/suspension

A friend is riding a CRF250R 08. She is a tiny little dragon and someone told her to get higher footpegs. He told her to weld them... But is it possible to get som higher footpegs in the shops?

What does SHE have to say about the way the bike feels? I think that knowing what she wants is more important that doing what some dude says...

And just how tiny is she?

What does SHE have to say about the way the bike feels? I think that knowing what she wants is more important that doing what some dude says...

And just how tiny is she?

She was told by a professional rider to have higher pegs and thats the reason why she want higher pegs....

She is 1 meter 60 centimeter, don't know how many feet that is. She can't make a good start without support for her feet. A lower seat would help here.

My wife also has this same problem. She is 5' 1" tall and has tried a lowered seat. Problem with that is then the already low handlebar set up seems too high, when sitting on a lowered seat. There is a point where the handlebar/seat/footpeg height relation changes make the bike not as comfortable, and reduces the ability to turn/handle as well. We have searched for higher pegs but have had no luck yet. Welding some risers on the stock pegs has been a thought, but she is just dealing with it for now.

System Tech Racing makes a new mount for the pegs that lowers the pegs. I wonder if you turned it upside down of it would raise them. Try calling them. If not I bet you could make them or have someone make it pretty cheaply. Check with a machine shop as well.

str-peg-lower-kit.jpg

System Tech Racing makes a new mount for the pegs that lowers the pegs. I wonder if you turned it upside down of it would raise them. Try calling them. If not I bet you could make them or have someone make it pretty cheaply. Check with a machine shop as well.

str-peg-lower-kit.jpg

Nope. STR is one of my close neighbors, we already tried that idea. The problem is the stock height pegs are close to the top of the mount, STR's lower mounts are closer to center, so when you flip them they are still lower than stock. Custom peg mounts is prob. the only option out there. Actually some of the shorter top pros do this to their bikes, factory one-off set-up, like most all their parts.