Sign in to follow this  

07 TE 450 Vibration

New owner. Just wondering if it's normal for this bike to vibrate. The old owner has huge rear sprocket on it. If I put original sprockets back on will this stop the vibration? The bike is almost unrideable. It bike only has 150 miles on it.

Thanks

Is this engine vibration? Not sure about the 450 but the 610 has had some issues with the counter balance key breaking and throwing the balance out causing a vibration. Its an easy fix. Just have to pull the right side cover and remove a nut and gear to inspect the key. Replace the key, line up balance marks,and properly torque the nut.

DB

They really suck on the road. My front wheel bounces at certain speeds. It rides well offroad though.

They really suck on the road. My front wheel bounces at certain speeds. It rides well offroad though.

You need to balance your wheels. The rim lock is a bunch of offset weight on pavement. Either get lead wheel weights, or do as I & a few others did, second rimlock 180 dgrees opposite the factory rim lock.

New owner. Just wondering if it's normal for this bike to vibrate. The old owner has huge rear sprocket on it. If I put original sprockets back on will this stop the vibration? The bike is almost unrideable. It bike only has 150 miles on it.

Thanks

What rpm are you running when you notice the vibration? Check the motor mounts, if they're loose, there will be more vibration than normal. They also get smoother after about 500 miles. :p

Checking mounts as we speak. At a standstill, when I rev engine, I can feel it in my hands, feet, and inner thighs (nuts). One more item. Bike has been lowered, front and rear, by previous owner. Could that have anything to do with it? Thanks again.

Checking mounts as we speak. At a standstill, when I rev engine, I can feel it in my hands, feet, and inner thighs (nuts). One more item. Bike has been lowered, front and rear, by previous owner. Could that have anything to do with it? Thanks again.

The suspension won't make a difference, as long as the motor mounts are good, give it a few hundred miles of use, it does get smoother as it breaks in, I don't even notice the vibrations. Has it been jetted properly? I seem to recall some bikes also run smoother with proper jetting, not sure this effects Husky's but a properly jetted bike will increase the grin factor :p

If you feel vibrations mostly on the street running over 40 MPH, balancing your wheels will make it a much more enjoyable ride. Even the suspension seems smoother when the wheels are balanced.

Do you know anyone else with the same bike that you can switch rides with & compare?

Took the rear sprocket (58 tooth) off and put the original (50) back on. Took the front sprocket (12) off and put the original (13) back on. Problem solved. What a difference. Why would the original owner do that? Thanks for all your help.

Took the rear sprocket (58 tooth) off and put the original (50) back on. Took the front sprocket (12) off and put the original (13) back on. Problem solved. What a difference. Why would the original owner do that? Thanks for all your help.

Damn 12\58??? He musta been riding trials :p

i run a 14T front sprocket, the 13T is a little low for my liking, still stupid torque and it's a real tractor but i ride to and from my trails sometimes and on the road the 14 works well.

paul.