Sign in to follow this  

Where to ride in northern Arizona?

I will be coming back from vegas going to pheonix. Looking for a place I can set up camp and ride for 3-4 days and not get bored. Any trail that goes towards pheonix would be cool too. I am up for anything not super rocky. thanks

-Freddy

I will be coming back from vegas going to pheonix. Looking for a place I can set up camp and ride for 3-4 days and not get bored. Any trail that goes towards pheonix would be cool too. I am up for anything not super rocky. thanks

-Freddy

Northern AZ & no rocks? Thats a bit of a puzzler?

Northern AZ & no rocks? Thats a bit of a puzzler?

well....we could offer up The Cinders for him ...:ride:

...it's not too rocky there, just "cinderee" :p

no mud either:lol:

Wing mountain and around the peaks are awesome single track rides. You could take a day trip to Hayfield, but that is more small jumps and washes than singletrack.

Okay so I can find Wing Mountain as well as the next guy with Google.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=wing%20mountain%20az&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Can someone throw me a bone and be a little more specific? I’ve yet to ride north of Payson simply because I don’t know where to go.

Count yourself lucky because up until recently no one would tell you where any of the trails up here are because of the conflict we've had with keeping them open. It used to be that you had to help us on a trail day before we would show you. But now that the Forest Service has said "**** You" to all of us, here ya go! :) You've got until September of this year to enjoy the trails before they're closed down, so come have fun!

http://www.coconinotrailriders.org/blog.htm Then go the the column on the right and select "flagstaff loops". It has a map + GPS tracks of the 3 major loops up here.

Send me a message when you get up here and I'll come show you around. You should be here in a good time, probably alittle muddy but great all the same!

This is far better info than could have hoped for. Thank you.

Count yourself lucky because up until recently no one would tell you where any of the trails up here are because of the conflict we've had with keeping them open. It used to be that you had to help us on a trail day before we would show you. But now that the Forest Service has said "**** You" to all of us, here ya go! :banghead: You've got until September of this year to enjoy the trails before they're closed down, so come have fun!

http://www.coconinotrailriders.org/blog.htm Then go the the column on the right and select "flagstaff loops". It has a map + GPS tracks of the 3 major loops up here.

Send me a message when you get up here and I'll come show you around. You should be here in a good time, probably alittle muddy but great all the same!

Are they just closing the trails or new law restricting bikes in all Coconino forest? :)

Not all trails but all forests - the new "management plan"

I really hope my $25 sticker is funding this. :)

Not all trails but all forests - the new "management plan"

What do you mean by "all forests"? I knew that trails would be closing... not altogether unexpected since existing trails always close but new trails almost never open.

Seems to me they can't close all forests. They're public land. Elaborate? I'm obviously behind on the times.

All the forests have had to catalog and map the trails within them. From there they had to decide what to do with them in the new "management plan"