Sign in to follow this  

KLX Exhaust

Looking to replace the White Bros exhaust on my 2000 KLX300R, but want something with a spark arrestor and is "quiet". What are you guys running? I'm looking at the FMF Q and Two Brothers slip ons. Any others that should be considered?

Regards,

Brian

The FMF Q4 is my favorite based on observation on similar bikes. Two Bros had some quality issues, but not sure. Muzzy makes a full system. Most go with the fourstrokeworks.biz header and a stock KLX300 muffler with butt plug removed.

My sons bike has a full Big Gun Evo installed. It's not loud by mx'er standards, but it has a nice deep tune to it. Sounds bigger than a 300. It has a spark arrestor also. Quality is great!

Most go with the fourstrokeworks.biz header and a stock KLX300 muffler with butt plug removed.

He asked for QUIET, the stock 300 muffler with the butt plug removed is not Quiet, unless you think 98-100db is quiet.

He asked for QUIET, the stock 300 muffler with the butt plug removed is not Quiet, unless you think 98-100db is quiet.

WHAT? Mine has tested out at 93db!!

Ride on

Brewster

I put the FMF Powercore4 on my 07, sound is good and not to loud. Really like it. I think it will boil down to personal choice, there are options. I actually UTubed some sound bites to get some different perspectives.

GL..:)

I have the full big gun evo x system and I currently run it without the spark arrestor or the quite core insert. Its loud!! But I like it that way. I never put the quite core in so I don’t know what it sounds like, kinda interested now, might have to give it a try.

I don't know what stock muffler you got, but like was said 93 db is about right.

I currently have the big gun with the sparky and quiet core, and it's loud. Too loud, if you ask me. :thumbsup:

I'd go with the aforementioned stocker with butt plug removed and header, or an FMF quiet core 2.:confused:

I have a turn down tip with the same diameter as the stock exhaust's muffler, and it really cuts down noise without killing performance. CO Kid has the same, and it makes a difference. I'm keeping my eyes out for a Q4 slip on just to cut some top-weight.

We're facing more and more land closures out here (like everywhere else) and the most common complaint from those who want to kill our riding areas is noise. Even Harley Davidson has changed their tune from "Loud pipes save lives" to more responsible noise management. They're not even offering loud pipes anymore. There are some who haven't got the message yet, but once they're forced to drive more than 2 hours to go riding in less than 100 acres for a ridiculous user fee, they may come around.

07 KLX 300

I also have the full Big Gun evo system with spark arrestor sounds great nice deep tone never had an issue. It also fit up perfect.

i have an old school supertrapp, its not too loud but projects the sound out instead of back, so it seems a bit louder to the rider. one was on ebay last week for a klx 650, not sure if that would fit. supposedly you can put less discs in to quiten it up, but i think that restricts flow. I have about 1' of discs.

I put the polished tip on mine (off ebay) and it quieted it down abit.

Do you have any pictures? did the tip change the power any?