Sign in to follow this  

Part out a 2003 TM 250 or sell it whole?

I have a TM MX 250 that I want to sell - I have alot of spares for it also - I am not getting interest in it as a whole bike - would it be worth parting it out - Ohlins suspension, might fit other bikes but otherwise it may be a hassle - any opinions?

wait a little longer, until riding season really hits...then try to sell again...sure, you could part it, but that will take a long time more than likely and be quite a hassle...where are you going to advertise the parts, etc. then store the canibalised bike too...you'll get sick of the parting out the bike fast...keep your price realistic to the brand and economy...my opinion, good luck.

I have to agree with DEMI's thoughts as posted above. Parting out a bike is a major PITA, and you end up with some parts that seem to never sell.

Were I you I'd have Dave list the bike on the motoxspeed.com site. He's the TM importer and will list any TM's for sale for free.

Where you at in NY?

How much do you want for your bike? I have one, and i also have ohlins shocks man, and if you are parting it out, i want your shocks. Also does anyone know where i can get fork seals for ohlins?

I am asking 2,000 for the bike. I have about 1500.00 in spares for it also, although I am going to sell the spares separately on fleabay.