Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 300 Xc-w

Hello - I am thinking about switching from the 07 RMZ450 to the KTM300 XC-W. I do the USRA desert racing in Utah. I've never even ridden a KTM though.....do you guys have links to any good reviews of the 300?

Was there any significant changes in 09 from the 08? Or would buying a used 08 for less money be worth the savings over the price of the 09?

THANKS!

in all honesty, for desert racing i'd sooner be on an RM-Z 450 then a KTM 300, they're excellent in the tight stuff, but for all out ball on desert racing you cannot beat the torque of a four stroke.

if your looking to upate, maybe look at a 530 EXC-R or a husky TE 510, for desert i think these would suite your condition a lot better then a 300 XC-W.

for 09 there was a sainificant leap forward int he suspention, front and rear, otherwise not much else.

I'm gonna agree with Ttoks. I wouldnt want to desert race my 300. The bike just isnt designed for that and dosent have the same high speed stability or even top speed capabilty as does a good thumper......

If you switch up your game and start riding something besides the desert than by all means the light wieght and instant burst power of the 300 just flat out rips.

Desert racing? I would want me a well sorted out uber stable heavy ass CRF450X or a KTM 505XC-F.

300's thrive in the woods.