Sign in to follow this  

stock ktm computer plugs

Hey everyone! I just sold my kawasaki 4 stroke and bought a 2006 ktm 300 xcw. i have a couple of questions. The stock computer has 3 wire connectors coming out of it.. the only one hooked up is for the front wheel..what r the others for? also i got the powervalve springs with the bike too.... there is a red one, and a green one...what are they for?

Hey everyone! I just sold my kawasaki 4 stroke and bought a 2006 ktm 300 xcw. i have a couple of questions. The stock computer has 3 wire connectors coming out of it.. the only one hooked up is for the front wheel..what r the others for? also i got the powervalve springs with the bike too.... there is a red one, and a green one...what are they for?

I know one of the extra plugs is for the back-lighting of the odo. When the bikes came with lights, that one was plugged in.

The PV springs move the powerband around. The red spring is softest and allows the PV to open sooner for a more aggressive power delivery. The green spring is firm and delays the opening of the powerband for slippery conditions. The yellow is stock and right in the middle of the other two.