Sign in to follow this  

Dep Armoured Enduro Nickel Pipe

It looks like Dep is offering their pipe in a thicker skinned Nickel plated version for us off road types. Is anyone out there running one of these? I have wanted to try the Dep pipe for a while but the type of riding I do is hard on pipes so I mostly ran FMF Gnarly pipes.

http://stores.homestead.com/DEPPIPES/-strse-162/YZ250-1999-fdsh-09-ARMOURED-ENDURO/Detail.bok

NICKEL%20PIPE-1E-250cc.jpg

Nice pipe. High price. The must be on to something....... :ride: I'll just keep buying undervalued stockers of eBay for next to nothing.......

Yup, I just put the stocker on my new to me 03 and I couldn't be happier with the performance. There are a couple of stockers on eBay for $20 or less, and I am thinking of getting a couple of spares...:p

I tried the 06 stocker and it was not bad, but my PC felt stronger and little later hit which I prefered.

I'm going to put this accessory in the house,

my wife will love it!

http://stores.homestead.com/DEPPIPES/-strse-111/DEP-Racing-High-Performance/Detail.bok

A friend of mine has this, hopefully about to buy our first house in a few weeks time and i think it's going to be the first thing i buy for it! +1 on the stocker by the way for those prices, wish they were that cheap in the uk!

Guys, they are quoting us with regards to that pipe. I wonder if thats worth a discount?

Really, its not a horrible deall295 for a pipe that works vs 225-250 for one that doesn't.

Guys, they are quoting us with regards to that pipe. I wonder if thats worth a discount?

Really, its not a horrible deall295 for a pipe that works vs 225-250 for one that doesn't.

You are correct. I don't pay retail* for much of anything so it's just not in my realm to consider BUT if I were to pay retail price it would most definitely be the DEP.:p

* I'm a cheap shopper who scours eBay and bike shops for "leftover" NOS pipes or "tubas" hanging from their cluttered parts walls.:ride:

I have that same pipe. It is the same as the MX pipe just a heavier gauge stock. I asked Tom at DEP USA about the weight difference and he said it was very little. As far as the performance goes I could not be happier. Once I got my jetting spot on she is rippin for sure. I have a much more controlled hit that comes on sooner and seems to last forever. I have noticed the past few days riding I am clutching out of turns much less and am able to pull jumps in lower gears than before! I am totally stoked and would order one again for sure. The power is so much more manageable and comes on sooner that my wheelie skill increased for sure! Kinda crazy sounding but a real thing! If you buy this pipe you will not be dissapointed. On a side note I did not realize the full potential of this pipe until I had my jetting dialed in. Good luck.

DJ

Does anyone know which E-line carbon fiber pipe guard works with this pipe? Maybe you can use one made for the PC or FMF?

Anyone try and use the "Add to shopping cart" button... it says they are not available?

I have that same pipe. It is the same as the MX pipe just a heavier gauge stock. I asked Tom at DEP USA about the weight difference and he said it was very little. As far as the performance goes I could not be happier. Once I got my jetting spot on she is rippin for sure. I have a much more controlled hit that comes on sooner and seems to last forever. I have noticed the past few days riding I am clutching out of turns much less and am able to pull jumps in lower gears than before! I am totally stoked and would order one again for sure. The power is so much more manageable and comes on sooner that my wheelie skill increased for sure! Kinda crazy sounding but a real thing! If you buy this pipe you will not be dissapointed. On a side note I did not realize the full potential of this pipe until I had my jetting dialed in. Good luck.

DJ

What jetting did you finally end up with with your Dep? I think that I will be pulling the trigger on this soon.

On my last ride (yesterday) it was 75 -80 degrees I am at sea level. Specs were

172 main

45 pilot

JD Red needle middle position.

during the summer i run:

45 pilot

JD red needle in 3rd position

175 main (had to change from 172 because i had a lean bog)

Winter:

45 pilot

JD blue needle in 3rd position (started getting some pinging in the midrange)

175 main

Ive got a nice dent in my raw finished DEP, maybe ill buy this thicker skinned one and weigh the two to see how much of a difference there is!

Well, I broke down and picked up the Armored Nickel plated pipe of my 06 250. It fit fine with my FMF Q Stealth silencer. I will be riding tomorrow and will post a ride review afterward.

IMG_4649a.jpg

IMG_4645a.jpg

• Like 1

Not being funny m8 but do you ride that thing? She's mint!! :excuseme:

Not being funny m8 but do you ride that thing? She's mint!! :excuseme:

No chit mon! I twas tinking thee same ting. However upon review of the second photo, the front fender either has a factory defect or there is a speck of dirt on the under side.

Looking forward to the ride report

No chit mon! I twas tinking thee same ting. However upon review of the second photo, the front fender either has a factory defect or there is a speck of dirt on the under side.

Looking forward to the ride report

Looks like a defect. Notice the rear section of his skid plate shows some dirt too. :smirk:

California for the most part doesn't have mud. :excuseme:

You guys crack me up. All I use is Simple green and I don't even scrub it. If you don't have spooge or oil leaks to deal with, the dirt comes right off. I hit the frame and the clutch cover with a scotch brite pad to get the scuff marks off.

Now, back on topic, the pipe ripped. It had a little less low low bottom end than my stock 06 pipe with 3mm spacer. The mid range really pulled hard and it had great over-rev.

Has anyone tried the Dep pipe with a pipe spacer?

I bet you some how some way I know someone that can get you a better deal on thatpie. PM me......