Sign in to follow this  

Rejet for 88 cr250 procurcuit exhaust?

Hi everyone, new to the forum, great site!

I have an otherwise stock 1988 cr250. I just put a Pro Cucuit Platinum, and Pro Curcuit Stainless 304 factory sound silencer on the bike and was wondering if I had to rejet. The old exhaust system was stock. The new stuff didnt come with any paper work. I was told to just run the bike so it is up to a good running temp then shut it off and check the plug, if it was white, it needs to be rejetted. Any advise?

Thanks, Hutchfactor 1988 cr250r, 1970 sl70

have you tuned the air screw yet? Those older bikes are jetted really well, just need to adjust the air screw.

If not, go up 1 on the main see how you end up.

Those older bikes are still jetted rich. They are jetted to run at a 20:1 oil ratio which nobody runs anymore so they tend to be rich at 32:1 or higher. I went down 5 sizes on my main and 10 on my pilot to get my older bike to run right. All I can say to you is put the pipe on and start fiddling around until you get it to run right. Jetting is a trial and error thing.

Yeah my 87 cr250 was stock with a PC pipe. Never rejetted anything on the bike. running 32:1 just the air screw. Ran great until you started going from 2k to 7k altitude.