Sign in to follow this  

How Do You Carry Your Cell Phone on Rides?

I was just curious if anyone had any slick ideas or stories of how you carry your cell phone with you while riding your dirtbike on woods rides such that it minimizes the risk of destroying it in the process?

My riding pants don't have any pockets on them, and the pants that I wear under my riding pants are uncomfortable with the cell phone in the pocket of them... plus, if I fall off, it'd probably get smashed while in my pocket.

My bike doesn't have one of those rear fender fanny packs, and I mostly don't ride with a Camelback on or anything.

i actually have a small fanny pack i wear on my body... i keep my cellphone and a multi-tool in it.. along with a few zip ties

I carry mine in my fanny pack or backpack, but I slip it inside a short length of pipe insulating foam for protection. This protects it from damage from the tools, it tends to ride on top of the tools instead of below, and the larger size makes it easier to find when searching the pack.

i have the same problem, i need to find a way to carry mine cause my pants dont have pockets and i dont wear peants under my mx pants. and i have a 07 kx250f and i dont have any fancy packs on it or anything, ill have to find a way and let u know.

I use a Camelback that has an mp3 player pouch that I put it in. Keeps it safe from tools. But if you never use a Camelback or fanny pack you could do what chuck said and put it in pipe insulation foam and strap it somewhere safe on your bike.

i wouldent worrey about crushing it in your pants, i have fell directly on mine a couple times and it dident phase it. however when i go without with my actuall get i plan on taping it to the bar pad or something

I use a small backpack and put it in the middel compartment.You could take a small fanney pack and strap it on the handle bars or somewhere.

umm, camelback is the only way togo, you have water and a little pocket for tools etc, and doesnt weigh anything....

put phone in there, and little basic 6mm and 8mm, and thats about it for me

i mean you cant do much when u are flying up a hill, hit a root, shoot the bike out and break your radiator with a big hit.. and all the fluid leaks out..

camelback, or tape your phone inside your air box

I have a fanny pack that I use if I'm not wearing my camelback. I have a friend that fastened a pouch on his chest protector that works well.

Good luck.

definitely do not put your phone in your pocket. i had my chocolate in my pocket and tripped landed on my phone screen cracked .

definitely do not put your phone in your pocket. i had my chocolate in my pocket and tripped landed on my phone screen cracked .

If you have a flip phone its no problem.

I've had my phone in my pocket for years and nothing bad has happened to it...even when I land directly on top of it.

I crashed a honda 70 with a tool roll in my side pocket spent the night in hospital with abruised spleen take care where you carry solid objects next to your body put it in your back pack

I have THE solution. Once you get one of these, you will swear it was your best investment ever. At first I thought anything I put in here would get wasted the first time I crashed but in many years, I have yet to hit this area hard. And I crash a lot. Cameras, Cell Phones, Camcorders, whatever.

http://www.bobscycle.com/browse.cfm/4,23443.hml?AFF=690FGL

When I get to work, I will upload a picture of mine zip-tied to my chest protector.

Mine goes in the pocket of my jeans and my hand automatically checks to make sure its there every 30 seconds. :p

For woods riding, crashing on your phone probably isn't the biggest threat to it. Water is. I have one of these and it's perfectly sized for carrying my BlackBerry. It's waterproof and offers impact protection. (But I don't wear it around my neck!)

http://store.thewaterproofstore.com/walletcase.html