Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate MX two stroke?

Hey guys, just wanted to know what you guys think would be the ultimate mx two stroke. Ive got it narrowed down to a 250sx with a 300 cylinder or a yz285, what do you guys think?

Hey guys, just wanted to know what you guys think would be the ultimate mx two stroke. Ive got it narrowed down to a 250sx with a 300 cylinder or a yz285, what do you guys think?

Aluminum frame CR500 instead.... :p

60 horse is boring, but a ktm 300 is exciting??... hmmmm .ok... one would think it to be the other way around

I ride a two stroke for the excitement...ive riden a fully built kx500...it did not excite me at all...too four strokish.

interesting. according to your theory, a ktm 50sx should be the most exciting? or would it be a 65 since they have clutches?

I ride a two stroke for the excitement...ive riden a fully built kx500...it did not excite me at all...too four strokish.

A race ported CR500 rides like you'd expect a 2 stroke to.... pipey and soft down low. I agree a stock or mild ported one has 4 stroke qualities, especially the low end torque and lugging ability.

I don't think you'd be happy with a KTM300. If I were in the market for a 250, it would be a YZ, no questions asked.

Thank you so much, thats the kinda feedback im looking for. Ive heard of people putting a 300 cylinder on a 250sx. Has anyone here done this? With the 250 ignition does it still retain the hit?

i wouldnt think that would be a very reliable thing to do. the bigger you go, the more its gonna feel like a thumper. So id say a 250 of some sort if you race or if you just like going out and riding and hit the track sometimes, get a 125. they are amazing and they will never get old. Or (since i realy dont know what you are looking for) the older the 2stroke, the more of a hit your gonna get. since the new bikes have the powervalve, reeds, and really advanced technology in the design to make the power broader, go with something simpler (aka something older) and you will really get a hit PLUS i think older bikes are pretty cool if you get/keep them looking nice like a new one.

Currently im riding a 03 kx250. Love the power and power delivery, I just want more of it. It is internally stock but was v-force3 reeds, fmf fatty/turbine core2, +1 on the rear sprocket.

Check out the Eric Gorr yz 285 or 295 kits. With porting to your choice and an amazing price. No personal experience with the kit, but he has a good reputation. Check out his website, eric-gorr.com

Get the KTM 300XC and tweak the power valve spring ..... That will give it a hit!!

The big bore 250's usually have more low end power so the powerband is smoother...... it sounds like you wont like it?

You really cant compair a KX500 to a CR500 because the KX has a powervalve so its smoother and has more topend power.....

Try to get a ride on a CR500af.

Currently im riding a 03 kx250. Love the power and power delivery, I just want more of it. It is internally stock but was v-force3 reeds, fmf fatty/turbine core2, +1 on the rear sprocket.

You had me wonderin' there for a second. No offense to you but the 03 KX250 motor is weak. Plain and simple weak. I've owned one before so I can make that statement. I've had an 03 and 04 and now my 07 YZ250 and it's motor is way more versatile, a ton of power down low, and a nice hard mid range hit too. Go ride a bone stock YZ250 from 1999 onward and you'll see what I mean. Now, if you had a 05 KX250 - that's a whole different motor. Dirt Rider mag liked it so much it gave it the shootout win. KXs don't suck but that 03 I had was weak. It had a Pro Circuit platinum pipe, Wiseco piston, and VForce 3 reeds - it still was a weak motor compared to a stock YZ motor. :)

if you want the two stroke hit, don't evan bother with big bore kits, look into a KTM 250 SX, the 03's particulary had a very agressive and powerful delivery, a 250 SX with a 300 barrel and no other mods will be more agressive then a 300 XC, but it will be smoother, and not much more pwoerful then a 250 SX (a stock 250 SX is more powerful then a 300 XC or XC-w).

Rm250...ill be honest i tend to drool when i look at one
Suzuki's are yellow...... You know what elce is yellow... PISS

:banghead::foul:

Not that im against Suzukis, just rather have a ZongChen

:):banghead:

:p