Sign in to follow this  

HELP, Coolant leaking out

Remember that 2005 Cr 250 I bought ? Well, I've basically redone everything and did some mods for better low, But I when I start the bike and warm it up, Coolant driping from the little hole under the water pump :p . What's causing this ? Is it the seal inside ? There ain't no water getting in the trans. What will be the easiest way to fix this ? I've got to do it myself :ride:

Remember that 2005 Cr 250 I bought ? Well, I've basically redone everything and did some mods for better low, But I when I start the bike and warm it up, Coolant driping from the little hole under the water pump :p . What's causing this ? Is it the seal inside ? There ain't no water getting in the trans. What will be the easiest way to fix this ? I've got to do it myself :ride:

There are two seals an inner and an outer, your case it's the outter...but it's best to replace everything one time.

The bearing both seals and the shaft...the shaft gets grooved and will ruin the new seals.

You have to remove the case cover to do the job but its very easy and should take less than an hour.

Just take note which direction the seals face...it's easy to put them in backwards.

Thanks pal. Do you mean spliting the trans case ? If so, I can't do that. I've just put back the cylider and etc and don't want to take them down again. Is it possible without opening the trans ? Also, I don't have the manual. Are there any web sites to offer the info's needed as the manuals ( Adjustments, Parts split, Etc ) ?

By the way, We are about the same age. What is your opinion on the age and riding dirt bikes ? I mean many people advice me to get out of it and myself doubt it sometimes when I see that I'm slowing down to the point that new kids pass me and it hurts my ego, Not to mention the casulties too. I love MX and been doing it for 34 years. Is it time to quite ?

im 34 and i ride at the track a few times a week. yesterday i cased a 65' double and i may have messed up my ankle bad but i will be their tomorrow i get hell from people from work but i will not stop because of my age. i have kids on 85 that can turn faster times than me but i love riding.

Dont stop riding riding it until you physically cant

if you love the sport who cares if kids are faster

im faster then my dad and he raced for 14 years.

You all got a point there, But I used to be very fast. Chasing guy like Kent Howerton with few bikes distance in between ( Not bad for an none pro only riding once a week ), Until that terrible accident came when I landed from an huge jump, On top of Kent, Sitting and kicking his bike under the jump, Exactly on my landing point. Fortunately, I reacted quick and crossed up the bike and missed his neck. So, Thank God, he survived. But I had nightmares after that and left MX for few years. Unable to stay out longer, I came back to it. So, Now you see my point about the ego stuff ? Anyway, I think I will keep riding as you've said, Until I can move and think. Hopefuly it will be a long time from now.