1997 CR250 Rebuild Finally Done

Hey all,

Just thought I would post pics of my rebuild of my 97 CR250. Motor was just rebuilt with hot rods crank and piston. Rims and hubs are powdercoated and I opted to stay with 97 plastics. I thought about converting to newer style, but now that it's all said and done, i think the 97 plastics look great. Thanks for looking.

03-08-09_1156.jpg

03-08-09_1157.jpg

03-08-09_1158.jpg

03-08-09_1159.jpg

03-08-09_1200.jpg

How much did you sink into the motor. I've got a 97 as well that pretty much needs everything in the lower half and probably needs the cylinder plated as well. Cool bike, where did you get those graphics from?

How much did you sink into the motor. I've got a 97 as well that pretty much needs everything in the lower half and probably needs the cylinder plated as well. Cool bike, where did you get those graphics from?

Thanks for the replies.

I have about $800 invested into the motor rebuild. This includes new crank and piston, nickel welded cyclinder by kustom kraft out of denver, new bearings, and a handful of transmission parts. It's like a brand new motor now.

I got the graphics on ebay from a company called factory rider. Just search for 97 CR250 graphics and you should find them.

The front fender is 02+. I had to order the 97 plastics from UFO in florecent red to match the new fender.

The vette was my project car. I finished it a few years ago and it rarely gets used anymore. I figure if it's only going to sit in the garage, i might as well let somebody else get some good use out of it. Selling it also affords me the opportunity to start a new project!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work, looks great!!

I am having fun trying to find graphics for my 98 Cr 250. The ones you have and Factory are the only ones I have found.

I like the factory ones but, seeing the team Solitare on your bike, hmmmmm. Did you have any problems with the install?

what sort of modifications did you have to make to the front fender to make it fit?

No modification was required to fit up the new fender. However, I had to trim the front fender tip graphic a little to make it fit properly.

• 7 months later...