Sign in to follow this  

Will the 2010 250F be fuel injected?

Does anyone have any scoop yet on if the 2010 250F will be fuel injected. I'm thinking about selling my 2007 and getting an '09, but will wait if the 2010 is going to be EFI. Thanks!

I don't know how I feel about this. I know I personally don't feel a single-cylinder 250cc motorcycle would benefit from FI, but I also know at some point, it's inevitable. Be careful for what you wish for, though. FI adds roughly $500 to the cost of a bike.

In any event, we order the '10 off-road bikes in June, so we'll all know in 3 months or less.

I wish it would be, but I will not hold my breath.

True the initial cost will be more, but it will not be neccissary to by individual jets and try to find the right combination for varying conditions. That to me is worth the extra starting investment.

I heard that the 1/4 liter thumpers are not yet a priority for this.........

It's all speculation.. The final product isn't even done yet. A lot of times it's not even done before they release the info, and take orders. The manufacturers are still working on mapping, suspension and chassis settings, and in some cases (coughSuzuki450cough) haven't even solved major mechanical issues yet. I know one thing for certain... Even if they are considering FI on the 250(s), they're thinking twice about it because of the economy. They're already raising prices year after year, and while FI is a marketing tool, the huge price bump it'd add to the bike is something they'd definitely be scared of. Especially if the mags test it against the other 250's that are $500 cheaper, but not any slower, and how fast an MX bike gets around the track is one of the two major factors that sell it. The other being wins and championships. Kawasaki already has the market covered for years to come with regards to wins and championships. They're the only ones that seem to be able to put any rider on a 250F, and win an AMA championsip on it.

how does wins and championships matter to people that don't ride mx, id say a large percentage of kxf riders don't ride the mx track

If I don't have to worry about jetting, then yeah, I'd spend a little more money on it.

I think a lot more people than you would like to believe are persuaded even if they're not that into mx if they walk into the dealership and see posters hanging around advertising all the accomplishments of the PC Kawasaki team, or a salesman putting out how the KX250F just can't seem to lose at the pro level. Probably more so than the people who are really into the sport all ready.

kawasaki usually keeps there bike the same for 3 years and then change them up a bunch 06-08 were the same just small changes and Now the 09 is great, I hope they dont go EFI On them they already cost enough.

No! Kawi just spent millions on the new 09 250f. there is a 0% chance that they go EFI next year. I would see Honda doing if first if it does come, they spend the most on R&D anyhow.

kawasaki usually keeps there bike the same for 3 years and then change them up a bunch 06-08 were the same just small changes and Now the 09 is great, I hope they dont go EFI On them they already cost enough.

No.. Kawi is on the 2-year plan for Supersport bikes, and every year with the KX's. Every year they'll change something for the better with the KX's, but major re-vamping sometimes takes longer due to the testing and R&D involved. They have no 3-year mandate. If they did, you wouldn't have seen the '06 KX 250f until '07. As I wrote, "major" changes have to go through a lot of testing and R&D. Sometimes not.. The motor settings have changed every year on the 450 from it's inception. The chassis on both bikes have changed several times as well. What classifies as "Major" changes is different from person to person, and magazine to magazine anyway... It's probably because MX bikes change so frequently. If you change the frame or engine setting on a sportbike, it'd definitely be called a "Major" change. Because we're so used to yearly updates on MX bikes, you'll get a yawn if your new model doesn't have a new motor, different induction, new suspension, and of course a new frame and plastics.

I just read in "Motorcyclist", Husky has a new TE 310. It's a 300cc 4-stroke and it's FI. I was surprised I hadn't heard or seen anything about it sooner.

I've heard that none will be.

and i've saw transworlds spy pics and the rmz250 will be. the others PROBABLY will be. the honda and kawa are suposed to be but not the yzf.

No! Kawi just spent millions on the new 09 250f. there is a 0% chance that they go EFI next year. I would see Honda doing if first if it does come, they spend the most on R&D anyhow.

Well, I wouldn't say that.

were not realy changing much.

The bike will require a diffrent stator. but doesn't meen changes to the cases

Hell they could have allready anticipated that and designed it in allready

The bike will need a new fuel tank. Once again no major change especily since the 09 450f is efi they may have the molds for it allready

What i'm trying to point out. The 09 may have been designed orrignaly to run efi but was back adaped to carb due to maybe a glitch with efi or maybe to keep things back in line with the rest of the big 5

and i've saw transworlds spy pics and the rmz250 will be. the others PROBABLY will be. the honda and kawa are suposed to be but not the yzf.

I saw the pics but it looked like it had a carb. I did hear over the weekend from a good friend who has an inside guy and sounds like honda is a high probability though.

The bike will require a diffrent stator. but doesn't meen changes to the cases

Hell they could have allready anticipated that and designed it in allready

Maybe that´s why the -09 has a new bigger stator cover..?

Swap is over there and has the pics to prove it.He say the 2010 is EFI but not else is changed.. Check it out on the web site