Sign in to follow this  

best tire

i wore my dunlop 110 out in one season.what is the best lasting tire?

A SiNi would probably last pretty well but I think you'd get better traction with a rubber compund.:p

Alot of guys around heree seem to like Maxxis IT tiers for a decent compramise between traction and longevity.

As mentioned above the Maxxis IT will last a long time, however it is heavy and does lose a lot of that "new-tire bite" fairly shortly. This is all in my opinion of course. I am partial to Bridgestone, but have been trying out Pirelli meats with good results so far. Still too early to tell though.

We are having great luck with bridgestones new 401/402 combos. Especially in the rear 120 size!

Flyn Ryan

thank you for info on tires stock honda chain sure did stretch. last week i put thread about 12 tooth counter sprocket on 07 450 someone else was curious also put mine on today made quite a difference.i think i will stick with 12.

I have great luck with Kenda tires. But you're dreaming if you think anything is going to last more tha a season.

Your 12T sprocket may cause premature wear on the chain pad on the swingarm - I'd keep a close eye on it.

By a season do you mean a whole year? I would like to get 20 tyres to last me a season but I dont hink that is going to happen, I would love to find one that lasted that long.

i am only a bench racer ive been told by season i mean weekends for a year but i love to spin rear tire.

Check out the new Dunlap 952. Intermediate/soft but made with tougher compound. Everything I read on it says it is lasting a lot longer then most tires.

I think I read a write up in Motocross Action where they tested it and said it looked like new, after quite a bit of riding.

there should only be one answer to this thread starcross mh3 the longest lasting tire period

there should only be one answer to this thread starcross mh3 the longest lasting tire period

I disagree.

Check out the new Dunlap 952. Intermediate/soft but made with tougher compound. Everything I read on it says it is lasting a lot longer then most tires.

I think I read a write up in Motocross Action where they tested it and said it looked like new, after quite a bit of riding.

The 952 performs similiar to the 756, but last twice as long. Its a great tire for soft to intermediate soil.

I've got some time on Bridgestone 403/404 now and these are very excellent tires in intermediate terrain. Very good on rocks, good on blue groove, good in sand and silt. I'm a Dunlop guy pretty much but the Bridgestones hook-up and wear like iron.

i like kenda tires. i had a carlsbad and it lasted for a longg time now im going to try a millville.

True story.

I guess the question is also what is the best tyre for certain conditions. I don't ride track with my '09. Only bush riding which is medium to hard soil. Any recommendations? :)

Michelin MH3. It's a versatile tire with a hard compound that will even allow you to crossover into a little mud if needed. I get more then twice as many rides out of the MH3 than I do with any of the Dunlops (756, 773, or 952).

In my opinion, the only good tires that Bridgestone makes are the 101/102 and they are for mud.