Sign in to follow this  

FMF Power bomb or Mega Bomb header

I was looking at these two for my 2008 530 excr and was leaning more towards the Power Bomb for two reasons. First its made of SS and more durable than the stock Ti header, secondly the Power Bomb is alot cheaper. I ride desert mostly so what do you guys suggest? Is it even worth it to get a header? Do I need to rejet now? I have an FMF Speed muffler right now with the jetting done.

I ordered the Megabomb because it is the most expensive. Therefore it is the best.

• Like 1

I ordered the Megabomb because it is the most expensive. Therefore it is the best.

U gotta be ****in' kidding me right? Where is the logic in that one:bonk:

I just bought the Akrapovic and honestly I can't tell any difference in power between it an my modified stock can. Power and sound even seem the same. Take out the sparky and insert and the thing sounds like a fire breathing dragon though :p . Need the sparky though and like that its pretty stealthy and its very Bling Bling too:thumbsup: :ride:

If your looking for performance then look some where else. The stock can on the 530 can be modified with the same results. Do I have buyers remorse? No, I ran out of other things to buy for my bike and really didn't mind paying for it :moon:

I just bought the Akrapovic and honestly I can't tell any difference in power between it an my modified stock can. Power and sound even seem the same. Take out the sparky and insert and the thing sounds like a fire breathing dragon though :p . Need the sparky though and like that its pretty stealthy and its very Bling Bling too:thumbsup: :ride:

If your looking for performance then look some where else. The stock can on the 530 can be modified with the same results. Do I have buyers remorse? No, I ran out of other things to buy for my bike and really didn't mind paying for it :moon:

Header, not pipe.....

Header, not pipe.....

Neither the header or the can is worth getting. Your not going to get much improvement over the stock setup in regards to performance if you mod the cap.

I have a 07 450 exc, i just put the 540 kit on it with the mega bomb system i also put a new bottom end i had over 7000 mi on it know its like a new biks it will blow your mind.

U gotta be ****in' kidding me right? Where is the logic in that one:bonk:

Yes I'm kidding. I asked around but didn't get a lot of response. I saw a guy on the trails with a Megabomb and a Q-4 muffler. He said better torque off the bottom as well as better top end. Overall better power throughout. He said it won't blow your mind but just a little extra.

He was older so he must be wise. I took his word for it.

Yes I'm kidding. I asked around but didn't get a lot of response. I saw a guy on the trails with a Megabomb and a Q-4 muffler. He said better torque off the bottom as well as better top end. Overall better power throughout. He said it won't blow your mind but just a little extra.

He was older so he must be wise. I took his word for it.

well i think your full of ****:) The megabomb is for almost all low end to mid (bottom grunt)

The powerbomb, is for middle to topend (i dont know about you but my 450 has way to much tourque, so i bought the Ti powerbomb header, (btw i could have got the megabomb for same price. the megabomb makes you lose a bunch of the top but adds huge to the bottom end. so its preference not how much your bling cost's. :banghead: :banghead:

:) desertpilot you have know idea what your talking about, only heresay i have the bike to prove it so lets go for a ride i live in bridgeport ca and have access to all kinds of single track and open roads to show you what it can do so lets go riding, pete07

well i think your full of ****:) The megabomb is for almost all low end to mid (bottom grunt)

The powerbomb, is for middle to topend (i dont know about you but my 450 has way to much tourque, so i bought the Ti powerbomb header, (btw i could have got the megabomb for same price. the megabomb makes you lose a bunch of the top but adds huge to the bottom end. so its preference not how much your bling cost's. :banghead: :banghead:

the biggest difference in the headers is the amount noise they reduce , the bombs are resonators that cancel out sound waves , the bigger bomb cancels more sound out , the difference in power between the two is about the same as the difference in power between a non bomb header , minimal , it takes a dyno to see the difference , mear mortals cant feel it

the biggest difference in the headers is the amount noise they reduce , the bombs are resonators that cancel out sound waves , the bigger bomb cancels more sound out , the difference in power between the two is about the same as the difference in power between a non bomb header , minimal , it takes a dyno to see the difference , mear mortals cant feel it

may i ask how a mrd guy know's so much about fmf?:banghead::)

:) desertpilot you have know idea what your talking about, only heresay i have the bike to prove it so lets go for a ride i live in bridgeport ca and have access to all kinds of single track and open roads to show you what it can do so lets go riding, pete07

Im in SoCal, wheres Bridgeport?

may i ask how a mrd guy know's so much about fmf?:banghead::)

its because I know the man that designed the Megabomb header for FMF , his name is George Luttig , I know him because he used to use my mechanical fuel injection on his racing jet skis , I have been building high performance equipment for 25 years and I know just about everybody in the biz one way or the other

its because I know the man that designed the Megabomb header for FMF , his name is George Luttig , I know him because he used to use my mechanical fuel injection on his racing jet skis , I have been building high performance equipment for 25 years and I know just about everybody in the biz one way or the other

I looked at your website, mind if ask you a question, about how many hours does a stock crf 150r get out of it, when do you usually see wear, i can pm you if you like...

I put an FMF Q Muffler on my 530exc and it made heaps of difference right from down low through the mide

Here is the dyno BEFORE fitting the FMF ( with both STD and modified std muffler )

525-530%20Dyno.jpg

Here is the dyno AFTER the FMF was fitted

530Dyno.jpg

:)

I put an FMF Q Muffler on my 530exc and it made heaps of difference right from down low through the mide

Here is the dyno BEFORE fitting the FMF ( with both STD and modified std muffler )

525-530%20Dyno.jpg

Here is the dyno AFTER the FMF was fitted

530Dyno.jpg

I am not familair with all the different KTMS but some of the ktm mufflers I have seen have a defuser with a hole you could plug up with a pencil and they are very lean as well ,so an aftermarket muffler and jetting would make allot of power :banghead:

I looked at your website, mind if ask you a question, about how many hours does a stock crf 150r get out of it, when do you usually see wear, i can pm you if you like...

it depends on who is riding it , if it is pinned all the time it needs to be rebuilt often to maintain peak perf. and reliability , if its just being putted around it will go a long time