Sign in to follow this  

Everyone flaked so it's just Spot and me for a ride this afternoon.

So the guys that I was going to ride with all flaked today. I did a little work on the bike this morning and now I got to ride. It's just me and my SPOT gadget. Oh, and a camera. Not sure where I'll go.

Here is where I staged. It was tough getting there. I had to go down a set of stairs. Spot is sitting on my handlebars.

meandspot01jpg.jpg

I should stay and work on the garage, but hey some things are more important. There is always tomorrow.

• Like 1

So the guys that I was going to ride with all flaked today. I did a little work on the bike this morning and now I got to ride. It's just me and my SPOT gadget. Oh, and a camera. Not sure where I'll go.

Here is where I staged. It was tough getting there. I had to go down a set of stairs. Spot is sitting on my handlebars.

meandspot01jpg.jpg

I should stay and work on the garage, but hey some things are more important. There is always tomorrow.

Umm, Carl, is your house pink?? Must just be the lighting:smirk:

Umm, Carl, is your house pink?? Must just be the lighting:smirk:

:moon: :moon: :lol:

Be safe Carl! :ride::p

OK I've been home for a half hour. I've had a beer and I'm almost warm again. I went to the Jawbone store.

I prefer to call it champaign, but yes it's a pastel pinkish color. The previous owner painted it just before I bought it. If you saw the inside you wouldn't think that the outside was pink. The kitchen and one bedroom were bubble gum pink. Those got painted before my wife and I moved in. When my sister saw it she said "You house looks like an easter basket." It was crazy.

OK pics on the way

I sware I saw you carl, did you see 2 ktms just pulling up to a dodge duelly when you passed by? not sure the name of the road but known as lone tree?

Here is the first stop on the ridge between Lake Hughes and the Antelope Valley.

dscn3918h.jpg

dscn3919i.jpg

It should be a good year for flowers out in the dez this spring. If we get some more rain it could be epic. Form near the poppy preserve.

dscn3922.jpg

dscn3923.jpg

dscn3929.jpg

I went out 140th to the aqueduct. 140th is right over my bike in this photo.

dscn3925.jpg

Somewhere along the aqueduct road

dscn3930.jpg

On a trail near Mojave

dscn3931.jpg

My destination

dscn3932.jpg

I had to fly home. It was almost 5 by the time I left for home. One shot from the way home.

dscn3935.jpg

It was fun. I didn't stop and there were a lot of high speeds. I had only one scarry moment. On the way back I was going a bit too fast at one point. I caught a lot of air at a dip and slammed the other side REALLY hard. I managed to keep it on two wheels and continued on.

Ride on! :p:ride::moon: :moon: :lol::p:banana:

I sware I saw you carl, did you see 2 ktms just pulling up to a dodge duelly when you passed by? not sure the name of the road but known as lone tree?

Yep that was me. I saw the dually, but I thought I only saw one KTM though. I think it's called Lone Tree or Pine Tree Cyn road. Something like that.

All Right Carl!! :p Looked like a perfect day. :moon: The flowers will be EPIC this year, I noticed that on friday too!. :ride: I got 14-48 on my bike and I love it... Now I'm riding a dirt bike! :moon: All 340 lbs of it. HAHAHA! Wish I was out riding today. :lol:

Well I guess SPOT must have been bored as you made it home safely.............. Which is a good thing.

It's a little 55 watt fog light. The main headlight is a H4 that used to be a 100/90 watt bulb until it blew in December. Not the main headlight is a regular 65/55 watt until I get a high watt replacement. Since it's so tiny it doesn't really focus well and send a good amount of light out in all directions. That really helps when riding single track at night. The little light is also on my DC side so it stays on when the engine quits. The main headlight is AC so it goes out if the engine quits. Not an issue for you on a 650L, but it really sucks if the engine quits while riding. It's happened to me an several occasions and I can't say how bad that is.

I have a Battery NiteRider set up that mounts to my helmet. How hard would it be to hook it up through my bike? :ride: I am ignorant when it comes to such things. :p

Nice report Carl, That must have been your dust I saw late this afternoon

up on the Aqueduct route. That road is WFO tempting, but always has

a "gotcha" dip or a concrete thing to keep ya focused.

That orange Pumpkin Rock made it in the AV press, I know exactly were it is

Wayne

Nice report Carl, That must have been your dust I saw late this afternoon

up on the Aqueduct route. That road is WFO tempting, but always has

a "gotcha" dip or a concrete thing to keep ya focused.

That orange Pumpkin Rock made it in the AV press, I know exactly were it is

Wayne

If I had more time I would have stopped by. Next time I'll get under way earlier. If it's warmer then the human popsicle syndrome isn't so much of a concern when the sun goes down.

Do you have any Mondays available for rides? I work Tuesday-Saturday. This would have been fun. I am on a DRZ400S

I did much the same ride backwards.

Quartz Hill to Jawbone Store on the aqueduct road, then up to the Piutes on Jawbone Canyon Rd.

This was on Friday, though.

VERY COLD. Yes, I had to turn around due to snow on the road. Yes, it was snowing at the time. Yes, I froze for about 7 hours.

Grip heaters, next on the list !!!

Looks like this was a great ride Carl. I wish I could have given you some company. Let me know when you do that ride again.:p