Sign in to follow this  

YZM 500 pictures

Awesome find.

Nothing like the 490

An ally framed MX'er 10 years before the CR.

Many thanks :ride::p:moon:

The rest of the page doe snot suck either. There are some works yz 250's as well.

Its interesting how the "works" bikes became much more production looking as time went on. I bet we would still be riding crap without the production rule. No way someone l could build a bike able to run 2nd at daytona....well, under regular race circumstances.

That was an awesome-looking works bike. :p

Boy that aluminum frame sure looks familiar and that pipe is a work of art

That works KTM with linkage is nice also.

this is so unfortunant i really wished they had moved this bike into production, i would have really loved to thrown that motor into a 06 250 :smirk:

Edited by j16out
  • Like 1

That bike was so far ahead of its time. It is a shame that Yamaha had pretty much already given up the open class when they built that. It would have been a truly epic bike if it had ever gone into production.

That bike was so far ahead of its time. It is a shame that Yamaha had pretty much already given up the open class when they built that. It would have been a truly epic bike if it had ever gone into production.

By that time they were inventing the 4T class. Unfortunately

The great thing about works bikes are the tiny details, the small parts that someone laboured to build that you and I wouldn't have even considered.

It wasn't Yamaha who gave up on the Open class...it was the consumer. Open class bikes just didn't sell to the genral public (So Cal desert racers being the exception rather than the rule) Edited by Birdy426