Sign in to follow this  

ttr 125l front fork springs

I looked in to the bbr springs for my ttr 125l. I am 195-200 lbs and am not sure if the extra 30% stiffness is going to do it. just wondering if any one in the same weight class has tried this? or is there a better aftermarket spring i should look at?

I looked in to the bbr springs for my ttr 125l. I am 195-200 lbs and am not sure if the extra 30% stiffness is going to do it. just wondering if any one in the same weight class has tried this? or is there a better aftermarket spring i should look at?

Heavier springs help, but they're not the cure. The biggest shortcoming is the spindly design of the forks....for a kid, they're OK, but once us adults get on, they begin to flex like a recurve bow at full draw.

Mine had BBR springs in it when I got the bike, and I wasn't impressed, and wound up doing the YZ85 suspension swap, and the only regret I have was not doing it sooner.

PS-I'm 210 lbs.

I put BBR springs in just so I could ride decent with my son. The stock springs are just too soft. I would bottom out constantly. I am 230lbs. I did ride the bike supermoto and the springs felt decent. It just matters what you are going to do. I just putt around on mine.

Does anyone know of a post that explains how to swap the fork springs for TTR125? I have read quite a bit here about the need to do it, but not much on how to do it. I am just looking for some basic info on changing springs & replacing the fork oil. I have never taken forks apart before and don't know what to expect.

Thanks!

didnt like the bbr springs.........if you use them use one stock and one bbr.......they are stiff using both.......and the forks are just weak......a replacement is the only real fix......but if you just putt around on it i guess anything will do.