Sign in to follow this  

favorite DS movie "Long way ROUND/DOWN"

I found these movies to be very entertaining! It was shot as a TV program so it is broken up in to consecutive episodes so you can watch it as time allows. Featured in this film are Ewan Mcgregor and Charley Boorman and the Bmw dual sport bikes that they ride around the world. A key factor for me was that they start and finish on the same bike. The encounters with water crossings, cops , boarder guards, terrorist thugs, and logistics problems add real perspective for a journey like this. A 17,000 mile dual sport ride sounds like the ultimate adventure!:p

I hope you check this one out!

If you have a favorite please share it with the rest of us:thumbsup:

My favourite part was any time they fell on their ass.

They stayed in hotels most of the time despite taking enough supplies to feed an army and they had two or three support trucks following them at all times with their own medic and they never stopped moaning long enough to appreciate their adventure.

Oh, and they had their bikes given to them by BMW.

It was all done by a group of blokes on DR350's about 10 years earlier and they had no support and funded the whole thing themselves. Much better viewing IMO.

Hey rob55,

They are quite an inspiration to me about long distance travelling. However, those bikes are more of a hinderance than a blessing. I tried doing something similar the summer just gone using a triumph tiger (955cc adventure bike). For a bike that weighs quarter of a tonne before loading and not being able to reach the ground with both feet firmly you're only kidding yourself when handling tracks and unmade roads.

However, the real motive for getting a DRZ was the mondo enduro team:

They travelled the world unfinanced, on DR350s in the 1990s. I'm going to do my own little adventure of sorts, following their attitude to travelling. Cool thing about these guys they filmed various stages on their primitive camcorder (singular).

thanks, I will check" mondo enduro team" . I admire anyone who can get out for an extended adventure these days, it seems most of us are tied to our work just to pay what bills we can. I would love to get my drz on a two week adventure ride. I will have to add that to my bucket list.

Safe riding!