Sign in to follow this  

what exhaust?

what is the cheapest way to go with for the exhaust? would a 250r exhaust work before they went with the duel set up?

i dont think a single 250r pipe will work, im probably wrong. but i thought it was a 450r pipe.

anyways, do you ride in the desert and need a spark arrestor. and also if you want it to be quiet.

i have my FMF Q4 and i love it.:p

An exhaust from a CRF 250R 04-05 will bolt right up. However, if you are going to do that I would recommend a JD jetting kit. It is a little pricy but you can't beat the performance gain. You can get a brand new CRF exhaust right here for $45, http://www.servicehonda.com/parts/specials.html. I just got one for mine and it has a nice sound, but is not obnoxious. Also it should be noted that this pipe is for CC use and does NOT have a spark arrestor. If that is a problem, I would suggest just keeping your stocker and drilling out the baffle.

the dual R exhaust will not work, however the 04/05 R exhaust works perfectly. You will need to re-jet after adding the R exhaust, and I also suggest the JD jet Kit.

I run the full 04 exhaust with an 06 R cam and the bike is SOOOOO much better in my opinion.

I understand the 04/5 R pipes are cheap and work great on the X. Can anyone that has uses it on their X tell me is it really loud? Say compared to a Q? or stock? Also with PMB end cap is it more quiet? Thanks for any help..

I understand the 04/5 R pipes are cheap and work great on the X. Can anyone that has uses it on their X tell me is it really loud? Say compared to a Q? or stock? Also with PMB end cap is it more quiet? Thanks for any help..

I tried only the header. Gave it a lot more from mid to top, kind of killed the bottom. It didn't fit my riding style, I try to keep the bike in the low/mid range...so got rid of it. The '05 R header bolts right up to your X muffler, so you might try that combo as well to see if you like it and if the R muffler really makes a difference, especially if noise is a concern:thumbsup: I've got a FMF Q have tried as well and am going to sell if anyone is interested, it's in practically new condition. I'm running the MRD full exhaust, compliments my mods nicely:ride:

^^ I hear that the MRD stuff is really nice and that you cannot beat his warranty!

^^ I hear that the MRD stuff is really nice and that you cannot beat his warranty!

Certainly can't beat the "you break it, we fix it" warranty:ride:

I just bought the 2005 R Exhaust from Service. Should I get the JD Jetting kit for the R or X to go with the R exhaust?

get the X and put in the 162 main then tune out the decel popping with the fuel screw depending on what temp you are riding...out more for colder conditions...in more for warmer conditions...don't forget to open the airbox...you will be amazed!!!

with the stock r exhaust do i have to switch the whole exhaust system or can i just switch the silencer?

with the stock r exhaust do i have to switch the whole exhaust system or can i just switch the silencer?

it's up to you...if you do both you do lose a bit of the low end...i prefer the X header with the R can