Sign in to follow this  

skid plate

I was looking at skid plates and saw that acerbis makes a plastic one now, they dont offer it for the kx yet only the klx i was wondering if anyone knows if that will fit on the kx or of anouther company that makes a full coverage plastic skid like the acerbis one

How goes it,

I'm not sure what you're riding background is or prefered style & terrain...so you may not need something this "heavy-duty". In my opinion...Works Connection makes the best off-road aluminum skid plates on the planet! They're different in the fact that they don't give off the classic "snow-shovel" look that most aluminum skid plates do...it fits very snug around the frame, and looks extremely clean once installed. In the past I've ran with other brands of skid plates...and after bolting on this one for "WC", I'll never go back to anythign else. Plus...they're customer service & relations are absolutley through the roof! Below, I've posted a link to their product page for the 08' KX450F.

Later,

Brad Bentley

Works Connection Link:

http://www.worksconnection.com/store/product.html?prod_id=7911

I have the full Works Connection skid plate and case saver, its bullet proof light, and has some small holes to keep the bottom end cool. covers the whole bottom of bike, and if you were to break it, then id be more worried about the frame, becuase for it to break the frame would have to be in TWO pieces :):banghead:

i ended up getting the Acerbis thats meant for the KLX figured it was worth a try for 60 bucks. The fit is great and it offers a lot of protection. I would definetly recomend it.

my question is this, to all who have installed a acerbis full skid plate like I just did on my 08, has anyone done any modifications to where the left side is supposed to bolt to. Because there is no where to bolt it too on the left, only right side. I was contemplating having a mounting nut welded to the frame to bolt the skid plate , anyone done anything different or just ran it the way it is, Acerbis told me Ricky Dietrich from Team Kawasaki, worcs series racer, he is running their full skid on his bikes, and they did some mod to make it secure on the left, I'm curious to find out how and what they used. cause I'll do it for sure.

I thinking of getting a WC or light speed on mine

+1 on the e-line

quiet and strong as hell

aluminum plates are super noisy and can bend

plastic plates can't take the abuse