Sign in to follow this  

Changing Crank Case Cover

I cracked my left side crank case cover on my crf450r and when replacing it, there are 2 "c" clips to remove on the inside of the cover. Are the parts under the "c" clips pressed in , and how do I remove them? And do you recomend a gasket sealer when replacing the cover?

Thanks,

Please... someone respond to this guy!! I cracked the crank case cover too and will be doing the same job in a week or so.

Thanks!!

I cracked my left side crank case cover on my crf450r and when replacing it, there are 2 "c" clips to remove on the inside of the cover. Are the parts under the "c" clips pressed in , and how do I remove them? And do you recomend a gasket sealer when replacing the cover?

Thanks,

Not sure about the clip removal, sorry. But don't use silicone or any gasket sealant. Just use a new gasket.

The two clips that you refer to are for the oil pressure relief valve thats the on in the front and this can be removed and put into your new case and the other is an oil seal that seals the end of the crankshaft and this should be replaced with a new part.Also I believe that there is a special washer between that oil seal and the clip,don't forget it.cheers

Does anyone have a lead on where I can find a used crank case cover for an '07 CRF 450R? I tried e-bay and craigs list with no success.