Sign in to follow this  

Renthal Twinwalls???

I had a couple of Renthal Twinwalls that came with the used bikes my dad and I got. They are just the KTM bend but I took off the crossbar pad and the crossbar was cut with a hack saw on all of the Twinwalls?? Does anyone do this? I am thinking it is for added flexability... Any help would be nice.

Flexibility i guess... :p why not just take the crossbar off? I did with my old twinwalls, but I run protapers now (no crossbar). My Guess is the last owner was a little slow.

Yeah I've heard of some people doing that.

I think, but please dont quote me but I think I sort of remember MXA talking about cutting or taking off the crossbar on their Twinwalls for added flexibility. And there was no concern for decreased strenght, because it has, twin walls, which in theory would be stronger then their Fatbar, regardless if it had a crossbar or not.

Its not something I would have done, but at the same time, I wouldnt be concerned if I were you.

Some people have cut the crossbrace on the Twinwall for a tiny increase in flex while still being able to run the crossbar pad for that "crossbar" look. Some riders are very picky about the way the bars look and some will not ride without a crossbrace and pad. A lot of us riders are mental! ha ha!