Sign in to follow this  

shiney-er and better-er front brakes. In the UK.

Hi All

After some better front brakes - something like the beringer kit.

Not sure where to even start looking for suppliers in the UK - had a google, but its a bit hit and miss.

I know there is a brembo caliper and disc kit, which is cool, and some motomaster stuff which looks amazing - but again, cant find it in the UK

Can you help?

thanks

Karl

I'm running the 310 Braking disc, straight bolt on, no additonal caliper bracket required, I think Motomaster do a 310 too.

Dongie posted a thread about a company doing dics for DRZs think it was called DSU.

Depends on whether you want to order from the US. At the moment it's cheaper to order from UK venders.

The TTstore and Wheeling cycle are places I would recommend in the States, I've ordered parts from both and had great service.

i remember AP Racing doing a caliper and disk setup for the drz. seems like a beast. they make sh1t hot car brakes, not sure on the moto side tho.

haha i imagine that would cost £££'s to go AP. Judging by their car setups!

I like the look of the brembo stuff - but just cant seem to find it in the UK!

As far a I know QTM are the only people to do a Brembo conversion for the DRZ.

I'd suggest trying a braided hose before you start splashing out too much, the QTM kit isn't cheap, it is very nice though!

With braided hose on the front I found I could stoppie my bike even while I was sat on the seat and I'm 6ft 2 and 14 1/2 stone!

ha, all i need is to lose about 8-10 stone and i'll have you on that :p

needless to say, my bike still does wheelie!

Get all your stuff from the us , ive got a 320 mm ebc disc with a Braking 4 pot caliper and CBR 600 master cylinder braided lines pad wise use a sintered pad as the ebc red and green are usless i think there a husaberg pad , at a steady 60-70 mph easy lift the rear wheel when there really warm have to be a bit carefull as it can really catch you out so big handfulls are out :p

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i46/daf123td/DSC01862.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i46/daf123td/Picture011-2.jpg

Packman, at the moment it's not worth getting stuff from the states, just my front disc was £200 shipped, if I'd bought it from the States it would have cost me £205 plus shipping and vat.

Also I don't think Braking do a caliper for the SM models, I've not been able to find one. Though possibly an RMZ450 one might fit. If they do one for it.