Sign in to follow this  

How much do you use your clutch?

What do you guys use it for other than shifting and starting?

i always have a finger on it, that should tell you how much im using it lol

I'd have to say that I use mine the least for shifting, mostly for maintaining RPM's through tight nasty sections and uphill switchbacks, etc...

when i slow down to a stop, and uh... yea i really dont need to otherwise, im on a four stroke and i dont ride anything real techy normally

all the time... so much so that every time I have to buy new gloves, it's because the left one is worn out... the right, still good to go... anyone want to pay good money for a few right hand gloves?... LOL

i always have a finger on it, that should tell you how much im using it lol

There you have it. :p

Two on the clutch and one on the brake for me...

I use mine when I start, stop, sometimes turn, and down some hills when I don't want the engine breaking.

starting, stopping, shifting, locking up the back wheel, and sometimes I slip it a bit out of turns

i use it alot if im riding anything tight. Usually 2 fingers on it. How much are u supposed to use your front brake?and for what? i never use it idk why just scared of going over the bars or soemthing i guess when should i use it?

All the time....the little 250F gets rung out pretty good. New plates every season. Thats why I dont bump up to a 450...I like the feeling of "not enough" power.

All the time....the little 250F gets rung out pretty good. New plates every season. Thats why I dont bump up to a 450...I like the feeling of "not enough" power.

Agreed. I like having to search for the power. I slip my clutch plenty on my 250F out of corners to get in peak power.

Now on my 125..ohh gosh...

startting, shifitng, cornering, on some hill climbs, in tight trails as not to stall, and i use it once in a while to get over logs, and i pull it in when i get to the top of the single jump at the local track.

My bike is awesome at lugging and i love to lug the bike a lot. I ride a lot of tight, technical singletrack therefore, i tend to give it a little bit of clutch once and a while even if im on a four stroke:busted: . I also ALWAYS have two fingers on the clutch. :p

Here it is in a nutshell

C class riders will probably not burn out a clutch in a year of racing

B class riders will probably go through a couple clutches

A class riders-god knows how many they can go through in a year.