Sign in to follow this  

Good entry level boots for SM riding ? Help.

Im looking for a decent entry level boot for SM riding. I have seen alot of good deals on MX boots but I have the concern that if I have to put a foot down on the street for some reason the might catch. Every thing Ive found for some what SM specific seem to be top shelf stuff that I honestly cant afford 500- 600 boots at this time. Thw wifey got laid off so slush funds are slim.

I was hoping to spend between 100-200 or close but Ive had no luck. Ive been riding in Teknic RR boots but I would like some thing with a bit more protection and taller.

Any and all suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Not exactly "SM" specific boots, but a cheap deal on some O'Neils here.

Not sure of the quality on those though.

Also a drecent price on some Oxtars if they have your size here.

If it's for the street, you may want to consider the Alpinestar Tech 2 boot.

The protection of an MX boot for your foot and ankle that doesn't go so high up the calf.

I've had a pair for a few months now and really like them. :p

Really any MX boot will do. Just keep in mind, if your really foot out a lot, you'll wear out the soles of the boot.

Get the cheapest boots possible. My first set of boots got ripped up real bad from foot out cornering. It took me a while to get used to barely touching my heel in some corners.

^^ I rarely touch down on the street. I just dont want a soft sloe boot that would be more likely to catch. Im lovin the Oneal lcutch SM boots but I havent found a dealer stateside.

I went with the Oneal Clutch boots. The reviews look decent and they were 139 shipped. Spot on. Thanks guys.

Link? Or did you score them off ebay?

There is a closeout on Oxtar Supermoto boots at Cycle gear, something like $109 last I checked, I have a pair and are top notch and are the second set I have owned. It's a great deal if they still have any in your size.

I love my Sidi Crossfires but they are expensive, you get what you pay for.

I always felt sm/street justified extra sturdy anke bracing which the Sidi's provide.

I did not like them at first as they offer a little less feel but I got used to them, the comfort is amazing!

Link? Or did you score them off ebay?

I got them at cyclegear.com. They are normally 149.99 but I had a $10 coupon from previous purchase. Anything over 100 was free shipping.