Sign in to follow this  

2007 CR 125 - Bog :(

we all know the problems of the CR. i got a 2007 and i know the motor is weak compared to other bikes motor wise, this bike handles and feels amazing, but the motor is lacking. any ideas how to get that 'bog' out and get a little more low end?

increase the displacement of the motor would be the first choice to a 144.

Vforce reeds would help get a bit more snap. ALso dropping a tooth on the countershaft sprocket.

Other than that, clean out the carb and jet the thing the best you can.

here is the mxa jetting suggestions:

Q: WHAT ABOUT THE STOCK JETTING?

A: CR125 jetting has been a mystery to us for a decade. The 2006 is no different. It is very confused. We went to a 440 mainjet, a 27-67 needle (in the third position) and a 50 pilot. As a final step, carefully adjust the air screw whenever the temperature changes. We normally set the airscrew at 1.75 turns out. These settings are baseline for our sea-level SoCal race tracks.

my bike had bog out of the corners, we put vforce reeds in and changed the air fuel mix screw and run 50/50 race fuel with pump gas and no more bog

Don't go to a 440 main on the 07 cr125, when my bike was brand new and I wasn't sure what to do, an idiot at my local Honda dealership recommended a 440 main jet and it made the bike run even more shitty.

Try this....50 pilot jet, 410 main jet, stock needle in the second from top clip position, run 32:1 gas, and a br8eg plug. That is my exact current configuration on my 2006 CR125 (which is identical to the 2007) and my bike runs great.