Sign in to follow this  

06 KX 250 Fork Oil

Hey Gang,

Just put new fork seals, could somebody tell me the correct amount of oil to put in the tubes. Thanks

Zazoos

Just to clarify, I did not open the inner dampner, so I should put 150 ml in just the outer tube or 310ml in the outer tube.

Thanks again,

Zazoos

dampner
Damper , Adjustable range 290 - 330 ml , so 310ml in outer tube

While you have them apart, you should go ahead and change the oil in the cartridge. That's the oil that wears out. The oil in the outer chamber gets contaminated by the spring, but it doesn't deteriorate from molecular shear like the damping oil in the cartridge.

You also don't have to use fork oil in the outer chamber, since it does not perform damping duties. I know several riders that run Mobil 1 ATF in the outer chambers of their twin-chamber forks.

"inner damper 160 ml , inner/outer tubes 310 ml"

Is this the same for the 2003 kx 125?

Oh, more ATF. ATF in the trans, ATF in the forks..... ;o)

ProHonda 5w in the forks, inner and outer chambers, ProHonda SS7 5 wt in the rear shock, and redline lightweight shockproof in the trans. No, forget that. ATF for EVERYTHING. :p)

Yes, Like Chokey says, change the oil in the cartridges. You'll be happy you did. Use the ProHonda Showa 5wt in the cartridges. You want REAL suspension fluid in there.

so the amount for the 06 kx 125 and the 03 kx 125 are the same?