Sign in to follow this  

Blasted Spark Plugs

So, I had some spark plugs that I blasted clean with abrasive media stuff, and I was looking inside with the spark plug and down in the bottom there were some little peices of media that would not come out no matter what I tried. I am wondering if I go ahead and run this plug in my 125, is there a chance of the little peices of media coming out in my engine and wreaking havoc, or will they just burn up? I'm not sure, because I already used a couple of them, and my bike still runs fine and it still has about 150psi of compression.

So, I had some spark plugs that I blasted clean with abrasive media stuff, and I was looking inside with the spark plug and down in the bottom there were some little peices of media that would not come out no matter what I tried. I am wondering if I go ahead and run this plug in my 125, is there a chance of the little peices of media coming out in my engine and wreaking havoc, or will they just burn up? I'm not sure, because I already used a couple of them, and my bike still runs fine and it still has about 150psi of compression.

Plugs are cheap. Toss it and buy a new one

is there a chance of the little peices of media coming out in my engine and wreaking havoc, or will they just burn up?

???????????

+1 just buy a new one unless u have like an 01 rm 125 or soemthing their plugs were like 30 bucks

Any foreign material inside an engine is not good. It could work loose or it might just burn up. It's hard to say what might happen. As stated above plugs are cheap, compared to a top end.

The media you used to blast the plug was most likely Aluminum Oxide or glass bead. Both are very hard materials - much harder than regular sand and will not melt or burn at combustion temperatures.

Buy a new plug, you would not put sand in your cylinder would you??

The media you used to blast the plug was most likely Aluminum Oxide or glass bead. Both are very hard materials - much harder than regular sand and will not melt or burn at combustion temperatures.

Buy a new plug, you would not put sand in your cylinder would you??

Trust me. It does wonders on ruining someones day.

Ok, so I took of my exhaust pipe, and looked through the little hole with a flashlight, and all I saw was a cross-hatch job, I didnt see any scores, are they hard to see or what?

I blast plugs all the time, and never get media stuck in there. I use a spark plug sandblaster. Works great. I suspect the media is too large. Get smaller stuff.

That's why I don't clean plugs.

If your jetting is correct, the plug should last until the electrodes are worn. There wouldn't be any need to clean them.

Ok, I just did another compression test when the motor was cold and it had around 170psi. Is that good? Also, If the piston, or cylinder was scored, how hard would it be to see through the exhaust port? because I looked the piston looked fine, and the cylinder looked fine, the only lines on the cylinder were from a cross-hatch.

That's why I don't clean plugs.

If your jetting is correct, the plug should last until the electrodes are worn. There wouldn't be any need to clean them.

Ditto :p

T