Sign in to follow this  

Installing ASV brake lever problems...

Yeah I know there shouldn't be a problem installing a brake lever, but for some reason I am having a super hard installing my replacement ASV. (yes they do break...)

I'm not stupid and I can change levers, so I'm trying to figure out why it's not going smooth? Has anyone had this problem or know how I can remedy this?

It's the correct lever and the correct bolt. I am just having a very hard time getting the threads to connect...:p

My friends who work on bikes for a living have just told me to keep trying...ive spent at least an hour trying to do it...I'm ready to buy a stock lever and include the ASV with the bike if I sell it.

Please help!

Thanks.

could it just be stripped or something? i nought a tusk replacement lever and it when on in literally about 3 minutes

No it's not stripped and it's the right bolt....i did try greasing the bolt but it didn't help. So I just got a cheap break lever to see if it was the ASV and I can't get it on either...I have no idea why this is so hard. =(

It feels like the threads on the bolt only connect when the lever is in a certain position...

I had a similar problem, just keep working at it twisting the lever up and down side to side and youll get it, I had to scratch my head a few times, but it worked fine..