Sign in to follow this  

First Time Riders

I had such a blast today. My 28 year old daughter has been bugging me to teach her to ride dirt bikes. So my friends at Rio Yamaha loaned us a Yamaha TTR 125. I took the TTR, my 450X, the wife and daughter and went out to the desert to give some riding lessons. Within the first 15 minutes my daughter was tearing up and down a trail, shifting up and down, braking correctly, and just generally acting like she has been riding for a while. Then my wife got on the TTR and was doing almost the same thing. They both made me so proud. The daughter was debating between getting a dirt bike or a quad. After today she said that she definitely wants a dirt bike. The TTR is too small for her, so she is going to buy a WR 250F, and she wants to buy my wife the TTR 125, which fits her perfectly as she is only about 5'1" and 110 lbs.

Was my daughters riding style today flawless? Nope. I took her down one section of trail that had a lot of sand. Her confidence got the best of her and down she went. But she was laughing as she got up and the wreck did not discourage her from riding. I took her down that trail on purpose to teach her to take it easy until she has more experience, and to find out if she was going to be one of those learners that quits after the first wreck.

As I said...I had a blast today. :p

thats awsome, i love hearing these kinds of things. if your wife wants to really rip you should get her a 150r, so she doesnt "outgrow" the power of the ttr. just a suggestion.