Sign in to follow this  

Air box question 2005 wr250f

I recently purchased this bike and have a question. It appears as though the "snorkel" has been removed as all I see after removing the seat is the battery. There is a small opening for air to travel right behind the battery. The left side panel covers the air filter and the right side panel is totally enclosed on the 2005.

Has anyone removed or modified this right side panel? Would it be advisable? I'm in the process of cleaning the bike up and making it "newer" (fresh fluids/filters/plug), and modifying it at the same time.

I did the gray wire mod, the exhaust, and throttle screw were already modified.

If anyone can expound on the airbox I'd appreciate it.

I recently purchased this bike and have a question. It appears as though the "snorkel" has been removed as all I see after removing the seat is the battery. There is a small opening for air to travel right behind the battery. The left side panel covers the air filter and the right side panel is totally enclosed on the 2005.

Has anyone removed or modified this right side panel? Would it be advisable? I'm in the process of cleaning the bike up and making it "newer" (fresh fluids/filters/plug), and modifying it at the same time.

I did the gray wire mod, the exhaust, and throttle screw were already modified.

If anyone can expound on the airbox I'd appreciate it.

I have a 05 WR250F and cut out the right side of the airbox where the recessed marks are and JB welded in some stainless steel mesh in and covered the mesh with pantyhose to catch any fine debris. No issues, if you need any pictures let me know.

I did the same as JSV, but used "Outerwears" to cover the holes. I also used it to cover the snorkle hole on top. PM me and I'll send you pics. You can look it up on www.outerwears.com. The stuff breathes but is waterproof.