Sign in to follow this  

FMF Full system question.

I am just completing my winter project. 434 athena big bore, stock crank, e-cams, fcr 39 carb, rhc valves and springs, +1 intake valves, with some head work. I have a powerbomb header and a TI 4 muffler. Now is the exhaust system limiting the power on my bike? I know the MRD is the best but how much of a difference is there? What HP numbers am i looking at with this set-up? And I know i also should of got an fcr 41 instead of a 39. I am sure eddie will know. Thanks for your time.

I am just completing my winter project. 434 athena big bore, stock crank, e-cams, fcr 39 carb, rhc valves and springs, +1 intake valves, with some head work. I have a powerbomb header and a TI 4 muffler. Now is the exhaust system limiting the power on my bike? I know the MRD is the best but how much of a difference is there? What HP numbers am i looking at with this set-up? And I know i also should of got an fcr 41 instead of a 39. I am sure eddie will know. Thanks for your time.

I think the fmf is on par with the yosh rs-2.... My ssw 470 dynoed at 45.....with it.... 30 minutes later with the yosh ti...(and mrd for that sake) 53 hp... So in short yes it is the limiting factor. They dont flow well above 45hp...

Erling

Am i reading that right? you gained 8 HP just from a different exhaust? If so wow! and thanks for the quick reply.